Manager, Finance Ops & Licensing
Accounting & Finance, Operations
United States · Remote
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
The Finance Ops & Licensing Manager will report to the Head of Operations and Strategy. This role will manage the licensing process for EnFin and its subsidiaries across all 50 states and the budget approval process for all payment requests from EnFin. The Finance Planning & License Manager will also be responsible for various projects, initiatives, and process improvements across the Operations & Strategy. This employment opportunity is eligible for remote work, however, Hybrid or Onsite work may be required for candidates residing within a commutable distance to any of our corporate offices in the following locations: San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; and Teaneck, NJ.
- Act as a liaison between the external legal counsel and EnFin regarding applying for and renewing business qualifications, financial licenses, and annual reports across all 50 states
- Establish a robust internal tracking log for licenses, ensuring timely renewals and providing all required documents.
- Collaborate seamlessly with legal and finance departments to meet all regulatory licensing and reporting obligations, including processing the applications and purchasing surety bonds.
- Manage the planning of financial activities for a company by preparing and drafting all budget requests from different departments of the organization.
- Oversee the budget approval process to ensure adherence to the designated timeline and successful approval.
- Communicate with the Finance team regarding all payment requests, autopay, and payment confirmations for all transactions.
- Maintain operational record-keeping and weekly meeting deliverables.
- Develop test plans, conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT), report defects, and validate business requirements.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within the scope and the budget.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Identify business problems and problem-solve to provide improvements.
- Understand the business direction and needs and develop solutions, roadmaps, and assessment of potential business impacts.
- Manage enterprise administration (Townhall, BAI training, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in the solar industry, one year of experience in solar financing, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations and Customer Service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics
- CA Notary Republic
- 1+ year of experience with UAT
- Experience working in a high-tech environment
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and attention to details
- Proficiency in analyzing and multitasking skills
- Proficiency in analyzing budgets and preparing financial reports
- Tasks are to be performed independently, with minimal supervision. Able to establish priorities and manage time to complete work.
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.