New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
QCELLS Enable is the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) entity covering DG solar and storage market of Qcells which is the market leading PV and battery solution provider in US and Global market. Qcells Enable is based in the NY Metropolitan area.
The Project Control Team’s primary objective is to support the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) group in the design, planning, and execution of the contracted Solar and Battery EPC projects by providing management with critical, decision-making information that ensures projects deliver on time and on budget. The Team does this by closely collaborating with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to 1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule 2) establish reasonable baselines 3) identify and manage risk and 4) track, monitor, and report project performance. The Team can then make valuable recommendations that drive project performance.
Qcells Enable is looking for a seasoned Planner/Scheduler with relevant construction experience to support the successful buildout of solar EPC projects. This position will be directly responsible for planning and scheduling projects in various design stages, as well as tracking, mitigating risks and reporting progress during execution. This position will utilize its experience in planning and accomplishing goals.
This position will be reporting to the Senior Project Control Manager. This position will be located New York, NY or Teaneck, NJ office.
Compensation: $110,000-130,000 (based on experience) + bonus
- Monitor and Report the status of key milestones and deliverables for the project to a project manager and senior management, and manage to achieve such key milestones and deliverables
- Lead/Assist in the development of quantitative Risk Assessments of project.
- Identify and interpret work scope, technical sequencing, and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Work with other teams in EPC group to ensure the schedule represents the execution plan
- Effectively communicate with various project teams and internal workgroups
- Communicate and negotiate the schedule/key milestone with client if necessary
- Prepare cost performance and cash flow projections utilizing budget and cost loaded Apply fundamental schedule to project managers when necessary
- Provide support to project managers when necessary
- Identify and manage risks that could impact each project success including overall business, and develop mitigation strategies
- Identify and manage project issues and work with project team members and stakeholders to develop and implement solutions
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, ensuring that all changes are properly documented, approved and communicated to stakeholders
- Attend meetings as required (internal and with the client)
- The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and work independently
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, construction/project management
- 5+ years of experience scheduling and/or Project Control in solar/renewable industry
- Clear understanding of overall project objectives, scope, deliverables, timelines, and other important aspects
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in project management tools such as Procore and Microsoft Project - Advanced Excel Skills
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity and experience with systems and languages such as PowerBI, ProCore, SQL, Tableau, and Python is a strong plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage; NO waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + Sick Days + Holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.