Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Engineering Intern will provide technical support to the Engineering Group and is responsible for assisting in all stages of project design. This position reports to the Director of Engineering, or another management personnel that the Vice President of Engineering may designate. This position is local internship (hybrid can be considered) and will report to the Irvine office. Working hours are to be discussed with the supervisor but will not exceed 25 hours per week. The internship is set for 90 days from date of hire but may be extended as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 15%.
- As an engineering intern, support all stages of project design and engineering, including conceptual, compiling regulatory codes, site visits, permitting and technical support during project phase;
- Support other team members, contribute to the completion of proposals to design and deliver PV and BESS projects,
- Support in preparing conceptual design for solar projects including selection of major components, equipment layouts, single-line diagrams, etc;
- Support in preparing bid packages for subcontractors including scope of work, schedule, project description, and conceptual design;
- Work in a team to develop and improve the system standards;
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- In good standing 4th year (graduating year) of college program in Electrical Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering, or another related engineering tied to renewable energy fields
- Experience with AutoCAD highly considered
- Experience with photovoltaic performance modeling tools highly considered
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Gantt charts (MS Project or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code, Industry Codes and Standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.