Solar Mechanical Installer
wallkill, ny, usa
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Q CELLS Enable is the Renewable Energy EPC branch of Qcells for the Commercial and Industrial market. Our mission is to be a world class designer and installer of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. We are based in NYC. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we are able to offer end to end solutions for project developers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently.
The Solar Mechanical Installer will provide support to the Foreman, Construction Manager & Field Supervisor of the installation team and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays and solar systems for Commercial Properties. It is the responsibility of each Installer to ensure safe work practices for the installation team.
This position reports to the Construction Manager or Field Supervisor, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is based in New York State (excluding NYC, Westchester, and Long Island) and will require regular travel within the greater Upstate and Western NY regions. This position is required to travel within NY State corresponding to the project's location.
- Complete company trainings, certifications and other essential company objectives
- Attend all safety, quality, and production meetings
- Perform inventory checks and report findings
- Load, unload and transport racking material
- Drive Skidsteer, Lull, and other equipment w/proper certs
- Mount brackets, torque-verify connections
- Assist in driving steel piles or screw piles
- Perform load testing on piles
- Record load testing data and upload reports
- Verify Pile locations with GPS
- Collect soil samples
- Transport Modules
- Module Mounting and Torquing
- Good attitude, eager, willing to learn, proactive
- (Preferred) Working experience in construction 1-2 years
- (Preferred) Experience in constructing PV and/or ESS projects
- Ability to work in all weather conditions in New York
- Ability to lift 50lbs and perform repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Basic competency with email and basic computer functions
- Ability to prioritize work activity
- Ability to travel within New York State, up to 100% of the time;
- Ability to work within a team and take direction from team leaders
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including occasional evenings and weekends;
- Valid Drivers License & Clean Driving Record.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage starts day one, NO waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + Sick Days + Holidays
- Bonus structure
- Career advancement opportunity
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.