Sr. Mechanical Superintendent-Solar Tracker
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Senior Mechanical Superintendent-Solar Tracker/Module is responsible for overseeing field operations, general safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, commissioning, coordination with other superintendent and project leaders on the jobsite. This position reports to the Project Manager or another senior management personnel that the Vice President/President may designate. This position may be expected to travel at least 75%, or as needed for the project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Directs solar/construction personnel and/or installation subcontractors to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications;
- Coordination of personnel, material, and equipment needed to meet schedules;
- Support the team with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for activities;
- Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action;
- Follow and implement the company’s Health, Safety & Environmental Policy;
- Identify welding certification, training and experience appropriate for assignment scope;
- Coordinate and implement resources and activities necessary to maintain a safe and quality execution;
- Assure all work undertaken is within approved scope boundaries and is in full compliance.
- Coordination with supplier testing & commissioning teams
- Advice site teams on paper work needed collected to initiate commissioning
- Identify testing required per projects scope of work
- Communication with engineering parties to meet commissioning requirements.
- Manage manpower needed to complete project assignment
- Maintain and supervise tool room and keep adequate storage
- Coordination with material manager for all tracker / module components
- Quality assurance of pile / tracker / module functionality
- Progress tracking reporting
- Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience supporting the constructions of major projects, preferably in the building of power stations or supply networks, or other utility-scale construction projects
- Solar PV or wind power project experience, preferred
- Experience installing a wide range of different manufacturer single-axis trackers
- Willingness to travel and relocate from project to project
- Excellent skills in MS Project or comparable project management tool, and possess strong technical aptitude, including knowledge of software development methodologies and processes
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience reviewing mechanical manuals of installation and design technical packages
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- May have to interact with Owner’s Field Representative and outside testing agencies
- Experience operating construction equipment and surveying equipment
- Knowledge of installation methods for the different mechanical systems in the industry
- Supervise Crews & Activities
- Material manager and shake out
- Fork lift operators tracker staging and receiving
- Skid steer operators modules staging and receiving
- String line top of tracker
- Tracker Installation
- Module Installation
- QC inspection
- Update As-built drawings
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.