Energy Storage Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
The Distributed Energy (DE) team develops, invests in, and delivers distribution-connected solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects in North America. The DE team offers the full spectrum of BESS and PV+BESS solutions – from integrated ESS hardware and software, project development and investment to asset management and operations.
The Product Manager, Energy Storage would be responsible for successful commercialization of Q CELLS integrated ESS offer in the Commercial and Industrial and Community-scale Storage and Solar-plus-Storage Segment.
This position reports to the Head of Products and Services, Distributed Energy business, or other senior management personnel that the Senior Vice President and/or President of the Company may designate. This position is based out of our San Francisco or New Jersey Headquarters offices. This role may be eligible for remote work under certain circumstances and travel up to 20% may be required.
- Be responsible for Q CELLS Energy Storage offer in the Commercial & Industrial Segment
- Own Energy Storage market research, competition analysis, and supplier tracking
- Work with the supply chain team on long-term vendor partnerships
- Work with System Integration team on new product development
- Manage product cost and pricing.
- Provide guidance to the sales team on product features and applications.
- Lead strategy and product development for microgrid applications, EV chargers, and new technology integration
- Co-ordinate with the internal software product team to ensure hardware and software integration
- Be the champion of product documentation, marketing collaterals, tools, and processes required by the Sales team to be successful.
- Work with the marketing team to create marketing content such as case studies, brochures, and external presentations.
- Manage new product launch process.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of hardware product management experience in the Solar and/or Storage segments.
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record in building relationships and working in cross-functional collaborative teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering, or other related fields
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, either nationally or internationally
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.