United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
Axia by Qcells provides solar, battery storage, EV chargers, and energy services to homeowners who are looking to reduce their reliance on the power grid and upgrade their home energy. Axia is a full-service solar solution provider and is the direct-to-consumer division of solar panel manufacturer, Qcells. We support solar sales consultation, customer system design, financing, installation, and warranty resolution for the ongoing customer relationship. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value through a seamless and superior solar journey, guided by the principles of transparency, reliability, and sustainability – creating a better way to go solar.
The Energy Consultant, Home Energy Solutions division, is responsible for driving revenue growth and profitability through the sale of Solar PV Systems and Electricity Storage Solutions directly to homeowners across the country. The ideal candidate not only has a strong history of top-level solar sales performance, they also have experience in customer service, pipeline management, and sales strategy. Energy Consultant will virtually guide residential customers from the solar discovery process through program enrollment, offering expertise congruent with consumer preference and company capacity. This position reports to the inside Sales Manager for the Home Energy Solutions division. This employment opportunity is eligible for remote work, however, Hybrid or Onsite work may be required for candidates residing within a commutable distance of any of our corporate offices in the following locations: San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; and Teaneck, NJ. If remote, infrequent visits to the headquarters office will be required - this position will require approximately 10% travel.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly sales targets in selected markets
- Engage qualified leads, present proposals, and facilitate signed contracts
- Effectively manage and follow up on a pipeline of inbound leads by logging and tracking all sales activities in our customer relationship management platform
- Build rapport with customers and guide them through the solar sales process
- Educate homeowners on the various benefits of going solar
- Guide customers through financing options to facilitate the best options for customers to purchase their systems
- Accurately field consumer questions regarding the solar industry, incentives, programs and products, and apply them to solar savings and home value increase models
- Generate and expand referral business through existing customers and personal relationships
- Attend sales meetings and continued training to exponentially improve performance
- College degree (Associates or Bachelors)
- 2+ years in residential solar solution sales
- Proven ability to structure, negotiate, and close residential solar sales contracts at scale
- Knowledge of residential solar and ESS products, site audits, permitting, and solar installation processes
- Strong professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- A competitive drive and ability to exceed goals
- Must be a strong leader, creative, and possess strategic planning skills
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.