Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Talheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7 business enterprise in South Korea.
Our mission is to provide affordable and smart energy solutions through technology and innovation to create a sustainable future for the planet. We are expanding our business by offering revolutionary energy systems to residential customers including ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, micro-inverters), EV charging solutions, and Smart IoT with world-class solutions.
Future Energy Technology Center (FETC) is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on cooling solutions for low and high-power electronics. You will work on analyzing thermal problems, proposing and designing cooling solutions, performing testing to validate all solutions, and support from design concept to hand off to production.
- Analyze and design cooling solutions for power electronics devices and other power electronics elements (inductors, capacitors, etc.)
- Perform thermal and fluid simulations of cooling solutions in Ansys or similar FEA software
- Validate solutions with experiments in the lab
- Design to meet all cost and cooling targets
- Work with suppliers/shops/vendors to procure materials and manufacturing processes
- Perform DFM and FMEA analysis, both internal and with external suppliers
- Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in power electronics thermal design
- Experience with CAD systems (Creo, Solidworks, or similar software)
- Good knowledge of 3D modeling and generation of CAD drawings
- Proficient in thermal design in FEA software to include conduction, convection, and fluid dynamics for both air and liquid-cooled solutions
- Very good knowledge of heatsinks, fans, heat exchangers (liquid cooling), cold plates
- Capable of managing suppliers, vendors, and prototyping shops
- Previous experience in a similar power electronics field in powers ranging from hundreds of Watts to 1MW
- Experience in areas of PV (solar) inverters, EV chargers, battery storage, or similar technologies
- Experience in low and high-volume production
- Experience with Creo 3D modeling software and PLM systems