Cyber Security Engineer
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Hanwha Qcells designs, builds and manages financially sustainable photovoltaic (PV) solutions. The company brings a decade of global leadership in PV to North America, combining best-of-world technology, processes and partnerships to deliver PV solutions customized for local energy markets. Hanwha Qcells offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to power plant development, design, construction, operations and maintenance. With proven capabilities across the solar value chain, Hanwha Qcells minimizes uncertainty and risk, and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in solar energy.
Please note: This role is onsite 5 days a week. The role can be located in Irvine, CA or San Francisco, CA. Relocation is available.
This role is responsible for identifying vulnerabilities and working with our IT department to resolve them, designing cyber security architecture, and enforcing policies and procedures that protect our organization's computing infrastructure from all forms of security breaches.
This position should have expert analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of best practices to prevent a wide range of cyber security threats, excellent communication skills.
· Identify vulnerabilities in our current IT infra, Perform cyber security risk assessment.
· Establish cyber security policy, standard, process and guideline.
· Analyzing security requirements, Designing security architecture, and recommending improvements.
· Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
· Collaborating with management, HQ CISO, and the IT department to improve security
· Responding quickly and effectively to all security incidents and providing post-event analysis.
· Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
· Build security awareness program and perform security awareness training.
· 5 to 10 years of experience in an information security role.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to build rapport, display patience, and empathy. Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
· Strong and logical problem-solving skills, ownership to solve issues.
· Embraces change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team.
· Must be self-motivated, must have a proven track record of reliability and delivering results and a strong work ethics. Attention to details, active listening.
· High degree of professionalism and conduct at all times.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred.
· Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks.
· Ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures.
· Professional information security certification, Public cloud security experience.
Manufacturing industry experience is a plus.
Hanwha Qcells provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.