Assistant Logistics Operations Manager (Asset and Inventory Management)
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Assistant Logistics Operations Manager is responsible for all materials ordered by the company and ensure deliveries are met according to the contractual schedule. Ensure and co-work with suppliers to track all materials (racking, inverters, etc.) from RFP to purchase order/contract execution. Manage relationships with key suppliers that support the overall strategic objectives of the organization and ensure reliable support and supply of materials to projects. Responsible for overall coordination alongside PM and CM teams. May be assigned other tasks as needed.
This position reports to the Director of Logistics and/or other senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. Remote/Home office based. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm. This position is expected to travel 30% of the time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position
- Responsible for developing and maintaining inventory control to maintain stock levels, and coordinate the logistics of orders and transfers from warehouses to
- Managing 3PL warehouse operations by performing weekly/monthly reconciliation to monitor movement accuracy with KPI metrics to ensure vendors stay within contractual agreements.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance for each of them.
- Negotiate with 3PL as needed depending on demand of the scope (Warehouse and Transportation).
- Identifying and implementing methods to increase efficiency in the supply chain process, such as developing new shipping routes with Sr. Manager and leaders.
- Establish safe harbor equipment strategies for short- and long-term.
- Provide warehouse operational work by allocation per project.
- Build constructive relationships with existing 3PL partners (warehouse and transportation) and prepare improvement plans.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to drive impactful change to optimize experience, efficiency, and transparency across the organizations.
- Responsible for establishing and reviewing inventory for inbound and outbound operations.
- Control and manage documentation and process of 3-way check for accuracy.
- Work with PM and site team to ensure material management is accurate and align construction schedule with deliveries and other support as needed.
- Support and arrange delivery schedule according to the requirements from site or/and PM.
- Other task as needed within the scope.
- 6+ years logistics operations experience in customs understanding incoterm, freight forwarding, warehousing and/or trucking.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, professional, team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately and in support of project schedules and other deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills – use logical structuring to understand problems and to create sustainable solutions, don’t rely on others to tell you what to do.
- Super organized – never let anything slip through the cracks, time management is your forte.
- Able to identify, investigate and solve problems that arise in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – communicate to be understood in a concise and clear manner, bring a point of view.
- Extreme attention to detail – you triple check all emails and deliverables and take pride in getting it right the first time.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Adaptable and flexible – priorities change on a daily or hourly basis, you can pivot, adjust your schedule and assume responsibility to take the lead as needed.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.