Corporate Administrative Manager
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
As the Corporate Administrative Manager at Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc., you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our office locations across multiple regions as well as supporting administrative tasks for expats in the US from HQ(Korea) and other global branches of Qcells. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Global Human Resources and Sr. Director of Corporate Finance or a designated member of senior management. There are two main responsibilities, first is office management and second is Expat support.
The first task is to be responsible on office management while also overseeing certain aspects of facilities management. The second task is to be responsible for the day-to-day management of HR operations such as supporting and coordinating expats’ administrative tasks including the immigration/visa process, and responding expats inquiries regarding policies and payroll. We are seeking a motivated and organized candidate with a strong foundation in office management and HR operations especially for expats. This position is expected to excel in this multifaceted role. This position will be based out of our Irvine office, with an in-office schedule that is set at the direct manager’s discretion in accordance with company policies and procedures. Remote options could be considered for exceptional cases.
- RESPONSIBILITIES – Office Management
- Oversee office maintenance programs to ensure all offices and space owned/used by Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“Company”) are well-maintained and comply with safety regulations.
- Inspect and recommend office layout modifications to enhance efficiency and productivity; address any facility-related issues promptly, coordinating repairs and improvements as needed.
- Provide managerial support to Office Administrators; monitor the workflow and prioritize tasks of the direct reports to ensure timely completion of projects and provide support when needed.
- Serve as a liaison between internal stakeholders and insurance brokers/vendors for various insurance applications, quotations, audits, and renewals; manage office-related vendors such as furniture, IT, cleaning, landlord, flight, etc. in the scope of contract/billing management.
- Develop and manage the office budget; track and report on office expenses, identifying cost-saving opportunities while managing inventory within budget.
- Handle general administrative tasks, including accounts payable, payroll, petty cash, and budgeting; prepare monthly SG&A reports for multistate offices and complete submission to the Headquarters; manage headcounts update.
- Develop and implement security protocols and emergency preparedness procedures; communicate workplace safety policies and precautions to employees; ensure compliance with safety regulations and conduct regular safety drills.
- Collaborate with external contractors and service providers, monitoring vendor performance and enforcing service level agreements.
- Facilitate office events (monthly lunch, year-ending party, executive meetings) and maintain executive calendar.
- Maintain accurate records of space allocation and occupancy as well as office records and documentation, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Contribute to forecasting, allocation, and supervision of financial and physical resources for facility management, and new office expansion plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- RESPONSIBILITIES – HR Operations
- Support and coordinate immigration/VISA-related inquiries and processes on HQ expats.
- Provide HR support to all HR operations functions including but not limited to onboarding and offboarding, training and development, payroll, HRIS, benefits, leaves of absence, and HR metrics.
- Maintain and update employee files and HRIS system.
- Assisting with the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Responding to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Supporting the planning and executing company sponsored event.
- Support executives and expats as needed.
- Make/update HR Dashboard (Headcount, org-chart, employee list, profile, comp. etc.)
- Coordinate the company’s payroll process.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client, company, and personnel information; oversees and supervises the HR Team to run adhoc reports and/or process all request for employment data and verification of employment requests as necessary.
- Lead efforts to liaisons with HRIS Platform for any questions, or issues that may occur.
- Maintains records of personnel transactions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Lead or assist the preparation employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews.
- Create and send reminders and communications to employees on various HR matters;
- Be able to proficiently operate in an 100% electronic office environment to create and work with PDF fillable forms, HR Operation Function checklists, and completes e-filing of documents as necessary.
- Periodic special projects and duties may be assigned based on Company need and requirements;
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another, with frequent interruptions or distractions and within tight deadlines; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of office management and HR administrative experience in a professional office environment or related positions.
- Expert knowledge of applicable HR statutes and compliance programs and requirements in a fast-paced, growing Company
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook with advanced skills in Excel highly preferred
- Ability to understand and effectively convey Company Human Resources Policies, and federal and state employment and labor laws
- Ability to represent the Company at federal and/or state unemployment and labor hearings
- Ability to handle matters of confidentiality, i.e., internal investigations, legal matters, employment relations issues, etc
- Ability to provide guidance and coaching to management in matters dealing with employee relations and workforce management
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers, department supervisors and managers, insurance brokers, insurance company representatives, labor attorneys, and other consultants and/or vendors
- Ability to work flexible hours depending on various departmental project deadlines and/or Company events and sponsored programs (including a few late evenings and a few weekend events per year)
- Korean bilingual required