Senior Test Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Talheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7 business enterprise in South Korea.
Our mission is to provide affordable and smart energy solutions through technology and innovation to create a sustainable future for the planet. We are expanding our business by offering revolutionary energy systems to residential customers including ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, micro-inverters), EV charging solutions, and Smart IoT with world-class solutions.
Future Energy Technology Center (FETC) is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to work on new power electronics development in renewable energy, EV charging, energy storage, and more. You will play a crucial role in the design, development and implementation of test solutions for our products, defining test strategies and creating test plans from the design concept to the production of power converters from a few hundred watts to megawatts.
- Develop, document, and execute electrical test procedures for high-power converters
- Develop manual/automated test stands and test scripts
- Support testing from prototype to production
- Generate documentation and document test results
- Collaborate with software/hardware engineers on development testing
- Troubleshoot failures in lab and field
- BS or MS in EE/CE/CS
- 10+ years of testing experience
- Experience in testing and debugging of power electronic boards in the area of power conversion
- Experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, data loggers, multimeters, data acquisition systems, power supplies
- Identify the root cause of failures, implement fixes
- Working knowledge of power electronics fundamentals
- Experienced with test scripting languages or Labview
- Testing experience in the industry of solar, electric vehicle, industrial drives
- Proficient in power electronics and power conversion topologies