Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
EnFin is a financial services company that provides financing for residential solar PV customers. EnFin is looking for an accounting staff member to perform the accounting roles related to residential renewable energy business at EnFin. We are looking for someone who has experience with GAAP accounting, and potentially experience with accounting for residential solar assets, or with banking and financial services accounting. Experience with construction of solar assets, ITC tax credits, ITC tax equity transactions, Joint Ventures, ABS structured sales, AFS Loan Assets, or Interest Rate Hedges are not a pre-requisite but would be beneficial skills. In this role you will also need a high level of attention to detail and strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Communicating with internal and external stakeholders is key, in addition to assisting with activities across multiple departments and functions to help drive our residential renewable finance business. ENFIN’s operations are growing rapidly, we expect to increase transactions, and add new business segments in the current year. New tasks, procedures, documentation, and accounting policies will need to be planned and executed. We are looking for someone who thrives in an ambiguous, fast paced environment, can use great judgement to make decisions and display empathy and resilience. In this role you will need to be creative and collaborative with problem solving skills and execute team wide initiatives. As a staff member in a collaborative team environment, you will need to both manage and perform the following:
- Perform processes for key deliverables and lead continuous improvement activities to achieve effective, efficient execution.
- Perform journal entries and documentation of supporting schedules, across all financial statement accounts, to ensure timely and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closes, and help with support for annual financial statements.
- Optimize accounting processes by displaying proficiency with strong excel, and data manipulation skills. Show expertise with pivot tables, lookups, and power query to efficiency organize supporting data.
- Serve as a preparer on process creation and enhancement, including SOX and internal control matters, both internally and externally.
- Create journal entries and supporting schedules for general accounting and the advanced topics with which you have experience
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., Operations, Capital Markets, Residential Solar, Financial Planning and Analysis) to build an understanding of the key processes within the organization’s operations.
- 3+ years progressive accounting and/or finance experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years experience performing of journal entries, across all financial statement accounts, and maintaining the documentation of supporting schedules
- Knowledge of US GAAP - 1 year (Required)
- Strong excel, data sorting, and manipulation skills required; including mastery of pivot tables, lookups, and power query
- Experience working with ERP systems and databases required
- Ability to execute in a dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding environment
- Ability to influence across the company and interact at all levels
- Experience with internal controls and process improvement
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Professional presence and ability to lead teams and influence others
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment under strict deadlines
- Global mindset to thrive in a diverse culture and environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve business problems
- Knowledge of financial systems, analysis methodologies and technical standards applicable to corporate accounting and finance
- Interest in becoming a CPA preferred
- Accounting and data automation, including macros experience preferred
- Knowledge of Residential Solar Assets accounting preferred
- Knowledge of Joint Ventures, ITC Tax Credits and Tax Equity financing structures and appropriate accounting preferred
- Experience in the financial services or banking industries, including with ABS transactions, AFS Loan Assets, IR Hedges and related accounting preferred
- Big 4: 1 year experience preferred
- NetSuite experience
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.