Business Development Analyst
IT, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
The Distributed Energy (DE) team develops, invests in, and delivers distribution-connected solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects in North America. The DE team offers the full spectrum of BESS and PV+BESS solutions – from integrated ESS hardware and software, project development and investment to asset management and operations.
C&I Distributed Energy (DE) develops, invests in, and delivers distribution-connected solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects in North America. The DE team offers the full spectrum of BESS and PV+BESS solutions – from integrated ESS hardware and software, project development and investment to asset management and operations.
Our business is growing, and we are looking for a high-potential candidate to join our team as a Business Development Analyst/Associate. This role will primarily support the Business Planning & Finance team within DE by coordinating sales & business planning, corporate strategy, and key growth initiatives. The Analyst/Associate will have an opportunity to support the team’s strategic acquisition transactions and partnership opportunities including due diligence and valuation. Emphasis for the position will be on highly self-sufficient individuals with leadership, finance, modeling, and presentation skills.
This position may be hybrid, based either at our headquarters in Irvine office, San Francisco office, or New Jersey office and requires ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Support monthly and yearly business planning that includes both short-term and long-term growth initiatives.
- Monitor project pipelines and manage project input attributes and deliverables ensuring timely updates.
- Analyze project acquisition/divestment and partnership opportunities and support due diligence (including data validation, valuation, etc).
- Contribute to developing business/economic strategy and frameworks in complex, new and changing business environments and develop presentations for senior management.
- Perform market and competitive analyses and recognize important events and trends.
- Assist in internal investment proposal process to support critical decision-making by senior management.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization including sales, project finance, project management, energy services, and legal.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Finance/Accounting, Engineering, Energy or a related technical field.
- Demonstrated capacity for analytical thinking with high proficiency in MS Excel and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Clear understanding of basic finance, accounting, and economic concepts: financial modeling, DCF, NPV, project accounting, and etc.
- Ability to work both well independently and within broad, diverse teams, building relationships with other department to accomplish objectives.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines and time-sensitive milestones/deliverables.
- Authorized to work in the United States (US citizen or permanent resident).
- Master’s degree, ideally in Energy, Environmental, or Sustainability field, or similar level of energy-specific experience. MBA preferred.
- 2+ years professional work experience preferred (business development, corporate planning/strategy, finance, management consulting, or any relevant work experience is a plus).
- Demonstrated familiarity with solar power and/or energy storage.
- High-level understanding of the dynamics between energy policies, technology, and finance.
- High-level understanding of project management, engineering, procurement, and construction processes.
- Passion for renewable energy and interest in developing deep industry expertise energized by engaging in new industries/technologies; continuous learner mindset.
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.