SW Business Analyst (Product & Service Management)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
The SW Business analyst will support new business opportunities in terms of new business model development, user experience enhancement with process innovation in digital perspective by analyzing and adopting macro-micro level market trends. Candidate will interact with senior management as well as functional experts from Digital sales and marketing, Digital product, and Finance personnel of all levels. This position will play an important role in the growth our business especially in the residential renewable energy market. This position reports to the head of Product & Service Management and other senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate.
- Conduct market research and identify key solutions that can support new business processes based on understanding of workflow and business complexity of industry.
- Analyze customer insights and deliver suggested user experiences with BM models in the market based on developed/applied research methodologies.
- Design user (including target B2B/B2C and internal users) scenarios through communication across multiple teams/departments and outside service/solution providers.
- Data-driven approach to explain business impact and priorities.
- Help to design customized SWs by coordinating w/ relevant parties and internal teams based on deep understanding of business models (B2B & B2C) involving the entire Qcells product line.
- Support yearly budget and update periodically with documentation of business and technology development roadmap.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including but not limited to Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Financing teams to propose new business/work processes and solutions to support.
- Establish future product road map aligned with sales and business strategy.
- Deliver outputs in documented format.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Social Science, Information systems, Engineering or related majors and +2 years of work experience (or equivalent combination of education) in research.
- SW design/architecture or SW analyst experience including business model analysis.
- Understanding of the interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating innovation and excellence and to develop business cases.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives.
- Experience with research methodologies and with analytical tools.
- Strong sense of ownership on assigned tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, either nationally or internationally
- At least professional-level verbal and writing English skills. High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills (structured and data-driven approach)
- Strong understanding of renewable energy and solar industry
- Research/Consulting experience preferred.
- Master’s degree in economics, engineering, or in related majors
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.