Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Corporate Finance or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, California and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 6 pm or 8 am to 5 pm.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close and support quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payment transactions as well as reporting of all financial information including variance analysis and various non-routine reports.
- Analyze and interpret financial information that corporate executives need in order to make sound business decisions.
- Review vendor invoices, employee expense reports, payroll-related expenses, and activities and post journal entries.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Work with the non-U.S.-based parent company, subsidiaries, and other affiliated companies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or another business-related field.
- 7-10 years of professional accounting experience.
- Hands-on experience in accounting, bookkeeping, and ledger management, and financial closing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly.
- Strong and self-motivated team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Construction/project accounting experience preferred.
- Public accounting experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a multinational company.
- Bilingual in Korean.
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.