Energy Systems Manager
Teaneck, NJ, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
The Distributed Energy (DE) team develops, invests in, and delivers distribution-connected solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects in North America. The DE team offers the full spectrum of BESS and PV+BESS solutions – from integrated ESS hardware and software, project development and investment to asset management and operations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Energy Systems Manager to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in managing and optimizing renewable energy assets, ensuring operational efficiency, and maximizing returns on investment. This position will contribute to the success of our renewable energy projects, including solar and energy storage.
This position reports to the Asset Management Lead, Distributed Energy business, or other senior management personnel that the Senior Vice President and/or President of the Company may designate. This position will be based out of our New Jersey or San Francisco office, with an in-office schedule that is set at the direct manager’s discretion in accordance with the company policies and procedures. Remote options could be considered for exceptional cases.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of solar and energy storage assets to identify inefficiencies, deviations from expected performance, and areas for improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues promptly
- Analyze and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to energy generation, efficiency, revenue, and overall asset health
- Generate insightful reports and dashboards for senior management, asset managers, and operations and maintenance providers
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues related to ESS systems, including hardware, software, and connectivity
- Create analytical toolkits to improve the operational efficiency of PV and ESS assets
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve the performance and efficiency of solar and energy storage assets
- Foster strong relationships with external vendors, industry experts, and research organizations to stay informed about the latest advancements in the field
- Ensure the efficient delivery of grid services, such as frequency regulation, voltage support, and demand response, to maximize the value of renewable energy assets
- Collaborate with utility partners and grid operators to maintain compliance with regulations and standards
- Analyze data and reports to identify opportunities for grid services optimization and operational improvements
- Stay updated on industry trends and regulatory changes in the grid services and renewable energy sectors
- Contribute to the development of business cases for grid services initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; MS preferred
- Strong knowledge of solar and energy storage systems and their performance characteristics
- Proficiency in data analysis, statistical modeling, and data visualization tools (e.g., Python, R, MATLAB, Tableau, Power BI)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively present complex information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.