Manager of Software Technology Strategy
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Our mission is to pioneer affordable and intelligent energy solutions through technology and innovation, fostering a sustainable future for the planet. As we expand our offerings to residential customers—comprising ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, micro-inverters), EV charging solutions, and Smart IoT—we seek a seasoned Manager of Software Technology Strategy to lead transformative initiatives in the energy industry. In this role, you will oversee software projects shaping the future of homes, collaborating with global teams in development, Business Strategy, and Product Strategy to enhance software performance using various development and management methodologies.
- Plan and manage the software technology intelligence process to identify industry trends and emerging technologies, ensuring our strategies remain innovative and competitive.
- Establish KPIs for ongoing software projects and monitor progress with Software Project Managers.
- Develop and update the Technology Road Map (TRM) in alignment with the Business Road Map and Product Road Map.
- Conduct regular reviews and updates of the project portfolio (Quality, Cost, and Delivery) to identify and assess potential risks associated with software projects.
- Formulate and execute comprehensive technology strategies with a specific emphasis on software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of proven experience in technology strategy, with a focus on software.
- Technical knowledge as it relates to EMS (energy management system), VPP and Machine learning.
- Solid understanding of software architecture, development methodologies, and emerging technologies.
- Proven experience in working with or for renewable energy companies
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time, nationally or internationally.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.