Key Account Manager - Southeast
Sales & Business Development
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
The Key Account Manager is responsible for expanding our market share in the residential segment through strategic analysis, partnership development, and effective management. Fostering strong relationships and contributing to the growth and success of Qcells in the competitive market, this position will balance strategic planning with hands-on execution. This position reports to the Head of Residential Sales or another senior management that the President of the Company may designate. This position will be based out of our Irvine or San Francisco office, with an in-office schedule that is set at the direct manager’s discretion in accordance with the company policies and procedures. Remote options could be considered for exceptional cases.
- Grow Qcells’ market share in the residential segment that is served by our distribution partners through analysis of overall market trends, forecasts and development of strategic partnerships and alliances
- Develop and nurture senior management relationships with distributors and strategic accounts to drive the market share of Qcells
- Lead quarterly business performance and relationship reviews based on key metrics and data with senior management and various stakeholders. Combine feedback into strategic planning initiatives and program development
- Provide product and solutions training to distributors’ sales team to ensure mind share and go-to-market alignment. Utilize marketing to co-develop required tools and training materials
- Drive forecast process to ensure alignment with local market trends and alignment with existing inventory. Recommend and manage optimal channel inventory stocking and management at distributor sites. Drive POS reporting activity
- Act as point of contact for fulfillment and order management issues between distributor and Qcells; facilitate SPA activities with distributor sales and RSM (Regional Sales Managers) team
- Produce sales and revenue forecasts for individual accounts by analyzing historical sales data and information provided by the partner and comparing them with competitive and general market data as available
- Market and competitive intelligence gathering and reporting, in order to keep abreast of market, customer, competitor, and supplier trends
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, innovative strategic thinker with a passion for driving results, and a strong sense of personal accountability
- Strong presentation skills, with the proven ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholders
- Proven territory planning and management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; strong computer and analytical skills; mid-level excel skills required; CRM experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as business, marketing, and/or finance preferred
- 5+ years of proven B2B sales experience in a high-tech industry selling via indirect channels such as authorized dealers and distributors
- Experience in the solar industry, energy industry, high technology or conventional building trades (electrical, roofing, HVAC) is a plus
- Experience negotiating and executing contracts
- Experience working for an international organization is preferred.
- Virtual office must have easy access to major metropolitan airport.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; Ability to travel up to 50%
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.