Assistant Interconnection Program Manager
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Assistant Interconnection Program Manager (AIPM) will be responsible forproviding interconnection Tariff administrative support and program management to the Development team for utility scale solar PV plants and energy storage projects with a special focus on pipeline projects active in utility interconnection queue and greenfield development projects.
This position report to the Development Engineering Manager, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is hybrid and the working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. This position is expected to travel up to 10%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create reports on existing pipeline, including but not limited to Interconnection cost, withdrawal cost, project pipeline and statistics.
- Lead interconnection Tariff related administrative responsibilities and necessary paperwork to support Development team (Greenfield and M&A projects) ;
- Regularly liaison with utility and ISO/RTO Interconnection Specialists to manage administrative activities for projects active in the utility interconnection queue;
- Provide ongoing communication with internal teams and track interconnection program related tasks and deliverables to ensure projects can meet utility deadlines and milestones in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Track all interconnection support tickets and delegate them on a weekly basis to team members and a consolidated report to team leaders
- Provide necessary coordinates for all FCITC studies for POI evaluation;
- Provide administrative support and coordination to Interconnection and Land Development teams throughout the development and engineering phase of projects;
- Coordinate interconnection applications and payment with Accounting, Finance and Procurement departments to meet utility submission deadlines.(handle PPRCs, Circle approval, LC and cash payment tracking and other related financial tasks);
- Assist Development Team to populate proposal documents in response to utility RFPs;
- Create regular project interconnection status reports and monitor engineering milestones for discussion during weekly Development team meetings;
- Contribute innovative ideas to enhance interconnection administration and quality in practices utilized by the Hanwha Q Cells development department;
- Evaluate transmission & interconnection program administration tariffs, costs, timelines, queue, and processes for a variety of markets and provide strategy to the cross-functional Development and Commercial Teams;
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- Works closely with IPEs and DEs within interconnection team to help meet interconnection milestones and comply with ISO/utility Tariff under LGIP rules.
- At least four years of experience in interconnection program administration, program management, and some project management for solar and energy storage assets are preferred
- Experience in utility Tariff, ISO business practice manuals and ability to provide technical support on solar and energy storage asses is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. Specializing in Engineering or a suitable technical field preferred.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite - MS word, PowerPoint and Excel
- High proficiency in organizational skills and time management
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.