Director, Technology Program Management
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
The Director, of Technology Program Management is a critical leadership position responsible for leading a global team of program managers. This role requires a dynamic and experienced leader to join our Global Technology team to manage a portfolio of hardware and software product development programs that support Hanwha Qcells energy solutions offerings to the market.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in technology program management, and process improvement, demonstrated global leadership capabilities, and a strategic mindset. They should be able to attract, develop, and retain talent to fulfill the team’s mission and be able to work effectively in a global corporate environment to deliver outcomes.
- Lead and develop a world-class program management team within the Global Technology organization that will develop and lead a portfolio of program plans, timelines, and budgets, and ensure that all programs are delivered on time and within budget.
- Drive improvements in the product development process and program management tools used to effectively manage a diverse global portfolio of programs.
- Collaborate globally to influence key partners on program scope/vision, solutions, budget, and schedule; set up and implement program governance.
- Manage program risks, issues, and dependencies, and develop mitigation plans to minimize impact on program timelines and budgets.
- Communicate program status, risks, and issues to stakeholders, including senior management, and ensure that all stakeholders are informed and aligned throughout the program lifecycle.
- Must be adaptable to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities, and have a positive attitude towards collaboration, teamwork, and continuous learning.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent that are connected to the technology strategy and engaged with the global organization.
- Maintain the program roadmap along with business outcomes and benefits.
- Proactively build strong, trusted working relationships with functional leaders and business partners (e.g., Technology Strategy, Manufacturing, Technology Operations, Procurement, Legal, etc.) to drive alignment and optimize program operations.
- Effectively manage, motivate, and hold accountable program leads and team members in a matrixed organization to execute priorities.
- Leverage data insights to propose program execution strategy, identify the root cause of delays, and measure results.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Biomedical, or Systems Engineering or a related engineering field. A master’s degree in business administration or engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of technical program management experience
- Minimum 5 years leading a program management team
- Hardware/Systems PM experience with complex product development
- Proven track record leading delivery of large complex product development programs, bringing together technology, process, and people
- Strong time management, facilitation, organizational skills, work ethic, and personal integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and influence management skills including evidence of managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through skills, and experience to check behind the scenes to ensure surprises are minimized.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Program Management Professional (PMP), Scrum Master (CSM, SAFe) certifications
- Strong technical background, excellent problem-solving ability, detail-oriented, and passionate about leading product research & development programs
- Self-starter with the ability to work through ambiguity who thrives in fast-paced and multifaceted environments and is able to deliver within defined timeframes
- High Emotional Intelligence (EQ) specifically being a great active listener and communicator, who can convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing to various levels of leadership
- Leading with influence and a track record of building strong partnerships
- Ability to communicate complex information/situations in a clear and concise manner to all levels, and translate technical details into non-technical terms.
- Demonstrated critical thinking - the ability to make sound data-driven business decisions; understand, track, drill down, and question activities and issues in all functional areas.
- Ability to develop oneself and their people to their full potential
- Self-motivated to drive the business, increase performance, and deliver results with the aim of constantly improving outcomes
- Ability to lead teams through change processes and to collaborate globally in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with and across all global resources (Korea, Europe, US).