Senior Manager, Software Program Management
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
You will work with a cross-functional team of software and hardware engineers to continuously define and manage the requirements and scope of QCells’ software systems and services. This includes day-to-day management of deliverables, dependencies, and schedules, as well as driving this complex project through its incremental phases. You will collaborate with QCells’ Software Development leadership team and business stakeholders at all levels to establish processes that track our goals, objectives, milestones, progress, and risks, and drive organizational alignment on trade-offs and priorities. You will own coordination across the entire organization to facilitate product and service launches, as well as iterative feature delivery.
You will lead a software lifecycle management program to improve resource utilization, quality, and time to market of our software products and associated services.
- Lead the planning, controlling, and coordination of a software project team to deliver and meet defined goals using Agile development practices.
- Facilitate planning activities with key achievements, supervise progress against plans, and resolve appropriate corrective action.
- Resolve project needs of resources/skills and equipment and ensure projects are delivered within the approved schedule, scope, and budget.
- Interact with multiple functions within the organization to resolve team issues and risks.
- Develop a well-defined and measurable software lifecycle and manage the dashboard to track the progress.
- Lead and manage Agile software development projects from concept to completion.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and deliverables.
- Facilitate daily stand-up meetings with project team members.
- Work with stakeholders to define project objectives and requirements.
- Monitor and report on project progress to stakeholders.
- Ensure project teams are following Agile methodology and best practices.
- Manage changes to the project scope and timeline.
- Develop and maintain project documentation.
- Provide direction and guidance to project team members.
- Manage customer expectations and relationships.
- Identify and mitigate risks to the project.
- Prefer 10+ years of software project management experience; including experience with Agile software development.
- Experience leading medium-to-large-sized software teams (50-60 people).
- One of PMP, ACP, and/or SCRUM Master certification is strongly preferred.
- Software development experience.
- Solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals including optimization, distributed computing , and cloud-based SaaS.
- Demonstrated expertise in software lifecycle management, with a comprehensive grasp of development stages, deployment, maintenance, and updates for optimal product evolution.
- Excellent communication skills; including oral and written.
- Detailed-oriented, excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to build partnerships and drive decision-making with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong technical background in software engineering, excellent problem-solving ability, customer obsession, and passion about leading product research & development programs.
- Fast learner with the ability to work through ambiguity who thrives in fast-paced and multifaceted environments and is able to deliver within defined timeframes.
- High Emotional Intelligence (EQ) specifically being a great active listener and communicator, who can convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing to various levels of leadership.
- Leading with influence and a track record of building strong partnerships.
- Ability to communicate complex information/situations in a clear and concise manner to all levels, and translate technical details into non-technical terms.
- Ability to develop oneself and their people to their full potential.
- Ability to lead teams through change processes and to collaborate globally in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with and across all global resources (Korea, Europe, US).