Finance Director (Bilingual English/Korean)
Accounting & Finance
Cleveland, OH, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2023
This is your chance to join the rapidly growing commercial solar energy business.
FlexRack by Qcells is an integrated solar company that offers custom-designed, fixed tilt ground mount and single-axis solar tracking systems in the commercial and utility-scale solar mounting industries. FlexRack by Qcells also offers full services, including engineering, geotechnical, pullout testing, field, and layout design services to address the actual site conditions of a project site. FlexRack by Qcells has completed over 3.5 GW of solar racking installations in over 40 U.S. states, 9 Canadian provinces and across the globe.
As a key member of the Finance team, the Finance Director will report to Head of Finance and Head of Strategy & Planning and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The Finance Director will help and support the Head of Finance and Head of Strategy & Planning to supervise and oversee primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate, engage and interact Head of Finance and executive team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth of the organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operation information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the organization’s plans for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance and accounting staff, as needed.
- Serve as key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS, BUDGETING AND FORECASTING
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Manage financial planning and analysis. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
ACCOUNTING, GENERAL LEDGER, ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATIONS
- Supervise Accounting Team Members to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for federal funders, foundations, investors and company’s Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocations.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Hire, develop and manage Controller and Accounting Staff.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
FINANCIAL RELATIONS AND POLICIES
- Developshort-term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent organization to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, Federal and local laws and regulations regarding company operations.
- Oversee Weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
- Any other job-related duty as deemed appropriate by management.
- 10-15+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in manufacturing or industrial services and/ or construction industry.
- 6+ years of experience in a senior financial leadership role.
- Experience in quality control, plant safety, and environmental compliance is required.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other software packages relevant to the position.
- Hands on ERP systems experience – SAP, PeopleSoft or SysPro.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern principles and practices of supervising production employees.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence - Able to motivate and reward employees.
- Fluent in Korean & English.
- Stationary Position: frequentlyremains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
- Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
- Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
- Hearing and Speech:frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
- Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
- Travel: up to 10% as needed
FLEXRACK by Qcells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, FLEXRACK by Qcells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations email@example.com.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.