Senior Director Capital Markets & Head of Residential TPO Project Finance
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Qcells has recently launched a TPO financing business, where leases and PPAs are offered as financing options to our residential customers. With 36% of the national market for residential modules, a large and well established dealer network, and newly available tax credits from the Inflation Reduction Act, we are poised to establish a leadership position in this quickly growing market.
Qcells is currently seeking a senior leader to lead our structured finance activities for the TPO business. This is a role that will grow in scope very quickly – we will need hundreds of millions of financing capacity by the end of 2024 and over a billion by the end of 2025. You will lead the team responsible for raising these funds.
The Senior Director of Capital Marketswill help in leading structuring, negotiating, and executing transactions with institutional investors, warehouse financing providers, and investment banks, and develop expertise in areas such as debt financing, securitization, strategic finance, and tax equity financing for EnFin’s Third Party Owned (TPO) Residential Solar Lending platform. The ideal candidate will have direct experience or a strong base of knowledge in financial services, strong analytical and interpersonal skills, the ability to manage multiple workstreams, and an appetite and aptitude for complex financial structures.
Key to success in this position is comfort in creation mode. This role is joining an evolving team as it moves into its permanent structure within the organization. A focus on an ability to build from scratch and iterate as improvements are realized is paramount.
- Lead in developing and executing the strategy that raises capital for our TPO business.
- Manage the TPO capital markets team
- Build and foster relationships with banks, debt, and tax equity investors develop a pipeline of capital partners.
- Oversee the comprehension and negotiation of legal contracts associated with structured finance ventures.
- Guide the team in framing and finalizing dealings with institutional investors, warehouse facilities, and securitization initiatives.
- Aid in conceptualizing and implementing the company's Asset and Liability Management (ALM) approach, emphasizing interest rate risk containment and adept funding & liquidity operations. Maintain a long-term view and strategy around financing capacity management.
- Foster a productive relationship with internal credit, product, and operations units to ensure an unparalleled investor journey.
- Supervise the creation and periodic revision of pitch decks and track market trends to bolster investor relations.
- Offer prompt and informed analytical support to aid the company's strategy formulation and high-level determinations in a dynamic business landscape.
- Infuse a culture of continuous learning within the team. Foster collaboration, mentor junior team members, and ensure collective growth in domain expertise.
- Education required: Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, business administration, engineering or related field
- Required experience: 6+ years in structured finance, tax equity, project finance, or capital markets.
- Understanding of tax equity and ITC transferability structures
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Excel (Pivot tables, lookups & VBA)
- Experience with SQL, Python or SAS preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to research, identify and troubleshoot problems independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to adapt and work well in a fast-paced work environment
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.