Marketing & Communications
Irvine, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Marketing Intern will assist with all marketing (visual and written) and branding efforts on behalf of Qcells USA. This role will support the primary solutions, including development, Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC), and module sales.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing or another member of senior management personnel that the Senior Vice President/ President of the Company may designate.
Working hours are to be discussed with a supervisor but will not exceed 25 hours per week. The internship is set for 90 days (or less) from date of hire but may be extended as needed. The position is in the Remote or Irvine, California headquarters office and does not require travel.
• Create visual and written content to grow the company’s footprint (press releases,
corporate announcements, digital space, social media, videos, graphics, banners, and
• Film and edit company video content;
• Assist and coordinate campaigns and projects;
• Create, maintain, and update marketing materials, including sales materials, presentations, and digital marketing as needed;
• Manage digital and print marketing collateral as well as website content;
• Assist in market research and creation of marketing plans and strategies;
• Work collaboratively with marketing team members from affiliate entity to maintain brand essence in written, verbal, and design communications;
• Understand the company's overall turnkey solution, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
• Accepts designated, business-focused projects to research, propose ideas and solutions, and present the final project during the internship.
• Provide suggestions to management for improving customer service and internal
• Learns and becomes proficient in internal software systems.
• Must be 3rd Year or above, enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree program, preferably in Marketing or another business-related field.
• Proficiency in Adobe (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, and Illustrator) preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present and explain complex information.
• Experience in renewable energy is highly desirable.
• Critical and strategic thinking skills.
• Ability to project manage multiple efforts.
• Strong, self-motivated team player.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Understanding of solar, particularly EPC or Developer businesses preferred.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at email@example.com.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.