Senior Development Manager - East Coast
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Senior Development Manager manages the day to day development tasks for a set of large and complex renewable energy projects throughout their lifecycle from initiation to hand off to construction. The Senior Development Manager coordinates and reviews the work product of multiple development functions, consultants, technicians and others and is responsible for the execution and performance of complex multi-disciplinary projects with teams working across geographies. This position will work closely with interconnection, permitting, real estate/land acquisition, GIS, finance, M&A, design and engineering teams to achieve project and company goals.
The Senior Development Manager reports to the VP of Development, or other senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position may also require travel at least 50% of the time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Senior Management to identify and prioritize target green field sites and acquisitiontargetsforrenewableenergyopportunitiesbyleadingcustomer-focused, data-driven, multi-dimensional analysis incorporating input from cross-functional team members;
- Work independently while maintaining a level of communication with upper management on project status and overall health.
- Manage interconnection process, land acquisitions, project permitting, and applications;
- Coordinate and guide real estate/land acquisition team on target green field sites;
- Deliver development projects on time and on budget;
- Coordinate and guide the broader development team in achieving project objectives;
- Track project risk throughout the development cycle; provide risk assessments and mitigations to Senior Management;
- Participate in the development of key account and utility relationships, support origination of contracts with such key accounts;
- Develop proposal strategies, RFP processes or similar, and negotiate terms for vendors and consultants who participate in the development process;
- Develop/maintain business relationships with key consultants and vendors;
- Maintain and provide suggestions for project development tracking and reporting;
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position; and
- All other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker; able to summarize complex issues, identify opportunities or next steps with limited guidance and add value through creative input
- Motivated team player who is action-oriented and interested in continually learning and taking on additional and more complex responsibilities in support of a rapidly growing development pipeline
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to maintain composure and diplomacy in all situations
- Demonstrated interest in a career in renewable energy development
- Self-starter willing to work as part of a larger group, but as individual in new markets
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, planning, engineering or finance related fields
- 5-8 years of solar project development experience
- Solid understanding of renewable energy markets and project lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience in land development/entitlement/permitting and interconnection
- Strong project skills including creating and managing project budgets and schedules
- Ability to work effectively with, and manage, cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously, with varying complexities and urgencies presented day to day
- Ability to effectively work remotely with minimal supervision
- Excellent people, entrepreneurial, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective computer skills including GIS, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GIS is a strong plus
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time
- A valid driving license and passport
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Q Cells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.