Accounting & Finance
north jackson, oh, usa
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
This is your chance to join the rapidly growing commercial solar energy business.
FlexRack is an integrated solar company that offers custom-designed, fixed tilt ground mount and single-axis solar tracking systems in the commercial and utility-scale solar mounting industries. FlexRack also offers full services, including engineering, geotechnical, pullout testing, field, and layout design services to address the actual site conditions of a project site. FlexRack has completed over 3.5 GW of solar racking installations in over 40 U.S. states, 9 Canadian provinces and across the globe.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, the Steel Buyer is responsible for transactional support and procurement of steel needed to support our organization. The incumbent must be capable of maintaining a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
This position reports to the Purchasing Manager, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in North Jackson, OH 44451 and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 2%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with the company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position.
- Establish Long term agreement with Steel Companies/ Slitting Service centers in conjunction with HQ support.
- Develop contingency supply with Spot purchasing of steel that meets the specifications and requirements of the company and end user.
- Responsible for third party processing orders such as cut to length, pickling, outside storage etc.
- Analyze and act on non-mill prime and secondary opportunities.
- Identify areas of opportunity (cost savings/inventory reduction).
- Integrate purchases into Syspro as well as backing up others when needed. This also includes receiving support in Syspro.
- Analyze, Evaluate & Audit materials received for accuracy of documentation, actual weight vs paperwork.
- Provide support to others on the SCM team.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with both internal customers and vendors.
- Negotiate, review and analyze purchase orders from start to finish.
- Provide accurate costing for purchased items.
- Review requisitions, issue requests for quotation (RFQs), issue purchase orders, handle expedited orders, coordinate delivery terms, and communicate with internal customers and external vendors.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with various projects, including but not limited to spend data analysis, transaction reduction, forecasting and market analysis.
- Global steel buying experience preferred.
- Process, manipulate, and analyze relevant data to understand and evaluate supplier performance, opportunity for transaction efficiencies, and recognize cost savings opportunities.
- Manage multiple internal customer requests (e.g., for plant and office supplies, etc.) and prioritize requests with guidance.
- Develop and maintain a competent supplier base to ensure quality goods and services.
- Monitor supplier quality and service and resolve associated issues.
- Resolve the daily tactical supply chain issues: backorder resolution, open order expediting, lead time management, supplier production issues, etc.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Understand, support and adhere to the company’s health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to coworkers and subordinates.
- Participate in the company’s scheduled inventory count.
- 5-year minimum steel buying experience
- 3 to 5 years related experience in roll forming manufacturing/production environment.
- Experience with MRP system, preferably Syspro
- Metallurgical experience is an asset.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, decision making and sound judgment.
- Excellent negotiation skills, decision making skills, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Graduate degree is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Collaborative in nature, yet self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and alter focus when necessary.
- Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
- Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
- Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
- Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
- Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
- Travel: up to 2% as needed
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
FLEXRACK by Qcells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, FLEXRACK by Qcells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations email@example.com.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.