Mechanical Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Talheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7 business enterprise in South Korea.
Our mission is to provide affordable and smart energy solutions through technology and innovation to create a sustainable future for the planet. We are expanding our business by offering revolutionary energy systems to residential customers including ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, micro-inverters), EV charging solutions, and Smart IoT with world-class solutions.
Future Energy Technology Center (FETC) is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer. You will work on proposing and designing solutions, performing testing to validate all solutions, and support from design concept to hand off to production.
- Responsible for creating structural designs for mechanical packaging and other related mechanical parts including PCBA design supports
- Responsible for generating drawings and taking care of BOMs, FAIs, ECOs, and MCOs.
- Responsible for performing DFM/DFA analysis, both internal and with external suppliers
- Work with hardware, compliance, reliability, and NPI engineers to meet electrical parameter targets, compliance, quality/reliability, and manufacturing requirements for the products
- Analyze and design cooling solutions for power electronics devices and other power electronics elements
- Performing mechanical and thermal tests in the lab to validate concepts
- Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineer working in the electrical device industry
- Experience with CAD systems with a minimum of 2+years of Solidworks experience
- Good knowledge of 3D modeling and generation of CAD drawings
- Familiar with different design skills including plastics injection molding, sheet metal, castings, extrusion, machining, and rapid prototypes.
- Experience in bringing a product to mass production and support for it.
- Experience in thermal design in FEA software to include conduction, convection, and fluid dynamics for both air and liquid-cooled solutions
- Good knowledge of heatsinks, fans, heat exchangers (liquid cooling), cold plate design
- Capable of managing suppliers, vendors, and prototyping shops
- Good communication and teamwork skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in a similar power electronics field in powers ranging from hundreds of Watts to 1MW
- Experience in areas of PV (solar) inverters, EV chargers, battery storage, or similar technologies
- Experience in low and high-volume production
- Experience in mold/tooling optimization
- Experience with Creo 3D modeling software and PLM systems