Teaneck, NJ, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
QCELLS Enable is the EPC branch of Qcells for the Commercial, Industrial, Distributed Generation, and Small Utility Scale solar markets. Our mission is to provide world class design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we can offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and asset managers. We are expanding our offerings and have several open positions currently in our Teaneck, New Jersey headquarters.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the execution of C&I solar EPC contracts through final completion. The PM will establish the project schedule, budget and resource requirements working in close collaboration with Sales, Engineering, Construction and Finance to ensure the correct materials are procured and arrive onsite, ensures that milestones and deliverables are met through the life of the project, and ultimately projects are completed maintaining the projected schedule and budget.
The right candidate must understand all the project phases including Interconnection, permitting and construction. They must track and report out budgets for their jobs and work with purchasing agents to obtain quotes and negotiate vendor agreements for materials and services. They must have the ability to interpret city and state building and NEC codes, as well as utility requirements to ensure the project continues smoothly.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Project Management. This position will be located out of our new Teaneck, NJ office. Ideal candidates will be within commutable distance of these locations, but a flexible or hybrid working option is open.
- Plan and manage C&I Solar EPC project schedule of engineering, procurement, and construction to ensure on time completion.
- Plan and execute the procurement and sub-contracting strategy with the engineering, procurement, and construction department to ensure budget completion.
- Manage the required permitting for projects with AHJ & local planning boards.
- Support and cooperate with sales and proposals to win new EPC bids.
- Prepare bid packages and SOW for sub-contractors with related parties such as engineering and construction.
- Perform regular check-ins to gauge on-site project progress.
- Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during execution of each project.
- Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management, as required.
- Troubleshooting issues relating to installations, analyzing information, and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Review activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement, facilitate a “lessons learned meeting after project completion to document areas of improvement and excellence.
- All other assignments and special projects, as requested by Management.
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position
- Bachelor's degree required; a degree in related field such as engineering, construction management or project management will be a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management or construction management, required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in solar or renewable energy industry
- Experience working with Electric Utilities preferred.
- Ability to travel, required.
- NABCEP Certification, preferred.
- PMP Certification, preferred.
- Fluency in MS Project or equivalent project management software.
- Ability to read plan sets, do take offs, create Bill of Materials and procurement bids.
- Effective interpersonal skills, comfortable in an office setting as well as on a commercial construction job site.
- Excellent time management and financial management skills
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage starts day one, NO waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + sick days
- Bonus structure
- Opportunity for career advancement
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.