Residential VPP Programs, Rates & Policy Analyst
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Qcells is on the lookout for a Residential VPP Programs, Rates & Policy Analyst to enhance our Product Management team. This role is essential in bolstering our Virtual Power Plant (VPP) business by meticulously tracking and analyzing rates, VPP, and Demand Response programs throughout the US market. Your key responsibilities will include identifying advantageous policies to incentivize our products and devising strategies to minimize hardware costs, thereby increasing our market competitiveness and operational efficiency.
As a Residential Programs and Rates Analyst at Qcells, you will play a central role in our Virtual Power Plant (VPP) business development. Your responsibilities will extend beyond tracking and analyzing standard rates, VPP, and Demand Response programs across the US market. You will be deeply involved in nuanced rate analysis, focusing on emerging and dynamic rate structures such as NEM 3.0, Residential Electrification Rates, Time-of-Use (TOU) tariffs, and other evolving rate frameworks.
This role demands a keen insight into how these rates impact both the economic and technical feasibility of VPP programs. Your expertise will guide the creation of Product Requirements Documents, ensuring our VPP solutions are economically viable, technically sound, and aligned with the latest market regulations. Your work will be pivotal in navigating the renewable energy landscape, enabling Qcells to adapt to regulatory changes and launch successful, competitive VPP solutions in the market.
- Market Research: Conduct in-depth analysis of the residential electricity rates, VPP, and Demand Response programs across various US states.
- Policy Identification: Identify and interpret relevant energy policies and incentives impacting the residential solar and energy storage markets. Conduct a thorough analysis of local, state, and federal energy policies; assess impacts on VPP and renewable energy markets.
- Active Industry Representation: Represent Qcells at high-profile industry forums such as the VGIC Council and VP3, influencing policy discussions and networking with key stakeholders.
- Utility Rate Structure Expertise: Deep dive into utility rate structures, identifying opportunities and challenges for VPP integration and profitability.
- GHG Emissions Tracking: Develop and manage strategies for tracking and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in line with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Carbon-Free Energy Product Development: Contribute to the creation and implementation of 24x7 Carbon-Free Energy Products, aligning with sustainability goals.
- SREC Management: Oversee the acquisition, tracking, and management of Solar Renewable Energy Certificates, ensuring compliance and optimizing benefits.
- Strategic Analysis: Use data-driven insights to recommend strategies for product cost reduction and market penetration.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work alongside sales, marketing, engineering, and other teams to integrate market insights into product development and marketing strategies.
- Reporting and Communication: Present analytical reports and actionable recommendations to the management team.
- Analytical Skills: Strong ability to analyze complex data sets and extract meaningful insights.
- GHG and CFE Solutions
- Knowledge and experience in GHG emissions tracking and reporting using frameworks such as CalFuse or WattTime.
- Familiarity with Carbon-Free Energy Products and their market dynamics.
- Experience in managing and optimizing SREC portfolios.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous approach to research and data interpretation.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop effective strategies based on market analysis.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective reporting and stakeholder engagement.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to changing market conditions and regulatory environments.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field such as Energy Policy, Environmental Science, Engineering, or Business.
- Minimum of 3 years of product management experience in a technology-focused environment such as the energy sector, renewable energy, or asset management.
- Proven experience in utilities, with a focus on energy policy and utility rate structures.
- Deep understanding of VPP programs and renewable energy market dynamics.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable strategies.
- Exceptional communication and public speaking skills, with experience in representing organizations at industry forums.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and projects.
- Strategic mindset with a focus on long-term market trends and policy impacts