Senior Chemical/Industrial engineer
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
At Genomines, our dream is to use genetically enhanced plants to mine metals (agromining) around the globe, fulfilling a vision of becoming the first carbon negative mining group! Using synthetic biology tools and cutting-edge technology, we harness the power of nature to create the first generation of bioengineered plants that allow us to farm for metals, meanwhile decontaminating soil and creating cleaner lands for agriculture.
What we are looking for
GenoMines is seeking for a Senior chemical/industrial engineer for independently initiating, executing, and developing processes, workflows, assays, and technologies with an aim to extract metals from hyperaccumulator plants and the desire to produce different form of metals.
A minimal PhD Degree or equivalent years of experience in chemical engineering/analytical chemistry is a Must Ability to communicate and write in English Fluently (B2)
- Guarantee the preparation of samples, analyse and interpretation of the results.
- Ensure the carrying out of quotations, measurements, investigations and studies
- Good interpersonal skills will be required: project teamwork and coordination with other team members
- Be scientifically curious, good technical background required
- Establish a continuous improvement plan based on performance results
- Good level of organization
- Ability to perform large scale experiments.
- Ability to extract metals from dried biomass using different methods of extraction and operations is a must
- Ability to produce different form of metals
- Find alternative innovative techniques for processing plant biomass into metal products.
- Optimization of the downstream process at lab scale for increasing the purity and increasing
- the area of improvement of the final product
- Ability in designing, implementing, and managing large-scale downstream operation
- Ability to quantify metals in soil and plants
- Physical and chemical soil measurements (ICP-MS experience is a must!)