Metrologist/Romer Arm Programmer
Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
About this role:
We are seeking a highly skilled Metrologist or Romer Arm Programmer to perform quality inspection duties in a high-volume manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for using a Romer Arm and coordinate measuring machines (CMMs) to measure and analyze the quality of incoming raw materials, components, and finished products, as well as program and operate the machines using software like Verisurf and PC-DMIS. The ideal candidate will have experience in automotive type quality control procedures and have the ability to use precision measurement tools, program CMMs, and operate a Romer Arm.
In this role, you will:
- Use a Romer Arm and CMMs to perform quality inspections on incoming materials, components, and finished products, ensuring compliance with established quality standards and specifications.
- Program and operate CMMs using software such as Verisurf and PC-DMIS to inspect materials, components, and finished products, analyzing data from inspections and producing reports, documenting deviations and non-conformances.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to resolve quality-related issues and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Maintain inspection equipment, including the Romer Arm and CMMs, in good working order, ensuring that they are calibrated and certified as required.
- Participate in root cause analysis and continuous improvement initiatives to reduce scrap and rework.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement best practices and quality control standards.
- Serves as the subject matter expert in Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) for the organization.
- Demonstrated job diligence, attention to detail and solid problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge (3+ years) of programming and operating CMMs (using software such as Verisurf and PC-DMIS) to inspect materials, components, and finished products, analyzing data from inspections and producing reports, documenting deviations and non-conformances.
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, height gauges, and other measurement tools.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality Assurance, or a related field.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. when required.
- While performing duties, employee is regularly required to stand, walk, twist, grasp, lift, and reach.
- Vision abilities require good close and distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Salary: California only full-time salary range between $105,000 - $130,000 + equity + benefits for degreed engineer OR California only full-time salary range between $36-56+/hour + equity + benefits for non degreed specialist
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.
Something looks off?