Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
In this role, you will:
The Director, Accounting will be responsible for the leadership and execution of Accounting Operations. To be successful in this role, the Director, Accounting will need to build relationships with the manufacturing operations and procurement teams to understand the related transaction flows and understand the needs of the business team regarding the level of data needed for management budgeting, forecasting and reporting. This person will work closely with our Business Applications and Financial Planning & Analysis teams to facilitate system changes to increase the efficiency of the accounting process. They will be an integral part of the development and management of people, processes, and technology as part of Heliogen’s focus on the standardizing and scaling of our accounting operations. This individual will act as a key resource and partner to the Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
Employee will be required to be onsite at our Long Beach, CA location 2-3 days a week.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or related business field required
- Certified Public Accountant certification and/or Certified Management Accountant preferred
- More than 10 years of accounting experience in both a corporate and audit or consulting firm setting; other professional experience may be considered
- Experience leading small to medium-sized teams in a manufacturing company
- Experience developing and implementing accounting processes within a public, dynamic and early development stage company
- Strong understanding of inventory accounting processes required
- Experience with SOX and the development and management of internal controls required
- Experience using large ERPs, with preference given to experience with Oracle Fusion Cloud or Oracle R12
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.