Senior Operations and Maintenance Technician
Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI, computer vision, and robotics, Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
An integral part of the test site team, the O&M Technician will support the day-to-day operation of Heliogen’s Lancaster Test Site working closely with our craft, R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing teams. In this role you will report to the Senior Site Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Operate and maintain cutting edge solar thermal equipment at our research and test facility.
- Start up, monitor, and shutdown equipment associated with solar energy collection, steam generation, and hydrogen production.
- Perform routine and corrective maintenance on a variety of electrical, rotating, and/or heat transfer equipment.
- Operate heavy equipment including forklifts, all terrain reach lifts, boom lifts, and earth moving machines.
- Use a computerized maintenance management system to document and track work orders, perform inventories, procure spare parts and produce reports of completed work.
- Participate in the safe operation of the facility by identifying hazards and taking the required actions to resolve.
- Experience in electrical, fabrication, welding, or DCS / PLC based control systems.
- Ability to climb ladders, working on elevated towers and platforms, and entering small/ limited spaces in an outdoor environment that could see significant temperature extremes.
- The ability to manage deliverables, manage timelines, and complete tasks as efficiently as possible.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with MS Word, Excel, and experience with a computerized maintenance management system.
- Experience operating complex industrial processes that may include steam generation, electricity generation, water treatment, parts manufacturing, or petroleum/chemical production.
- Experience operating solar thermal power generation facilities.
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.