Talent Pool - Junior Design Engineers
Junior Design Engineer - Talent Pool
Have you recently graduated or looking to kick-start your career in the field of engineering?
Matter. is a Venture Capital backed CleanTech microplastics capture technology scale-up, focused on sustainable design and circular economy. You will be working on some of the biggest challenges of our time, removing microplastics and micropollutants from the world’s waterways and airways.
Through brilliant design thinking, powerful partners, and an impatience to make what we do matter, our mission is to develop and scale products that are the hard line between the biological and technical cycle.
In this role you will be involved in the whole product lifecycle which will give you the opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into practice. You will be using the 3D printing suite, workshop, and laboratory equipment to advance your development. You will have a real and tangible influence on products that solve real world problems.
- Supporting any design or drawing activities required by the engineers within set deadlines
- Hands-on prototyping and building of test samples
- Carry out engineering calculations and, when needed, complete calculation reports
- Producing and maintaining thorough and accurate design project documentation
- Preparing, testing, and monitoring the progress of trials so that all failures to meet requirements are corrected in a timely manner and communicated effectively to the team
- Implementing design changes care and diligence
- Supporting other departments with problem-solving and other project activities
How you will make an Impact
With your drive to innovate, you will contribute to Matter’s expanding intellectual property portfolio by working on new ideas, whilst also helping validate designs.
How you will grow
You will finesse your basic engineering skills into a fully-fledged engineering career with a focus on CAD, prototype fabrication and testing.
- You have a strong technical background and excellent time management skills
- You have experience in designing prototypes for 3D printing, finishing techniques, and building methods
- You are proficient in using hand tools and power tools for the fabrication of functional prototypes
- You have the ability to develop test methods, run testing, process data, and write reports
- You have a degree at 2:1 in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design, or equivalent
If this sounds like you, then please apply to our Junior Design Engineers Talent Pool