Landowner Sales Manager
Landowner Sales Manager - Grassroots Carbon
San Antonio, TX, USA
Who are we:
Grassroots Carbon is building the #1 grasslands soil carbon storage company. We are a fast-growing start-up and Soilworks Natural Capital portfolio company. Our rapidly expanding land steward network already covers over 6 million acres of grasslands in the US, and we have built a foundation of scientific rigor, quality, and trust. Leading companies like Marathon Oil, Shopify, and Nestle trust Grassroots Carbon to help them reach their carbon reduction goals.
Grassroots Carbon offers ranchers additional revenue opportunities via our carbon credit program. We support farmers and ranchers to manage their land for healthy soils, which store more carbon and improve water quality and biodiversity. We are on a mission to convert millions of acres of degraded grazing lands into healthy, thriving grassland ecosystems that sequester massive amounts of carbon
We are seeking a hands-on Landowner Sales Manager for GRC. To meet the fast-growing demand for soil carbon credits from companies aiming to reduce their carbon footprint, we need to rapidly further scale our carbon credit delivery capabilities by quickly bringing more landowners under soil carbon storage programs and contracts.
As a Landowner Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of identifying potential landowners to sign, communicating the specific value proposition, and explaining how GRC works with ranchers, bringing the landowners under contract, and supporting the transition to the carbon credit operations team. You will also be responsible for promoting GRC as the best partner for ranchers in the soil carbon credit market. Building our portfolio of ranchers interested in our programs and able to sell soil carbon storage credits is essential to meeting the demand for high-quality soil carbon credits and to the success of our mission and our partners.
You will be responsible for:
- Candidate Ranch selection (in collaboration with our operations and measurement team)
- Support the development of landowner/rancher outreach strategies and marketing
- Managing relationships with ranchers and ranching networks
- Collaborating with the marketing team
- Ensuring thorough internal record-keeping and document management regarding landowner contracting status
- Participate and /or organize special events to meet target landowners.
- Collaborate with landowners-focused companies and originations to obtain sales leads.
- Implementing long-term landowner agreements and exploring creative opportunities to deliver additional value to landowners to grow landowner contracting capacity and efficiency.
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- This position involves frequent travel to trade shows and conferences, project field sites in the US
You are someone who embraces change and has a passion for working with landowners, ranchers and farmers. You are self-driven and motivated. You are pragmatic and enjoy solving problems. You are hands-on, with experience working with a variety of people. We are all do-ers at GRC - ‘jobs to be done’ are neither too big nor too small.
Your experience building relationships with landowners will help GRC achieve delivery of the carbon credits that we have sold and meet our goal of promoting sustainability at a scale that matters. A track record of developing relationships and bringing parties under contract is important.
- Experienced in interacting with landowners, ranchers, or farmers.
- Experienced in closing deals with landowners.
- Experienced in addressing and eliminating landowner concerns and removing barriers that hinder or slow down closing carbon agreements.
- Experienced in communicating contract terms and negotiating contracts.
- Knowledgeable about basic concepts of how regenerative grazing improves soil health and grasslands ecological health.
- Collaborative and highly adaptable to changing priorities and situations
- Comfortable presenting to both individuals and large groups of people
- Able to communicate key contractual terms and product offerings clearly and succinctly
- Proactive and interested in expanding your knowledge across a variety of disciplines, including soil science and ecology
- Experience with soil carbon projects and other ecosystem services projects is a plus, but not a requirement.
- A graduate with a bachelor's degree, or higher.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Open PTO - making time for life is important!
- 9 paid standard holidays each year in addition to open PTO
- 401(k) savings plan with matching
- Company-paid Life, AD&D, and Disability coverage
- The opportunity to work with innovative and progressive technology
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial learning environment with a proven playbook and fun work atmosphere