Director of Public Sector Business Development
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As Director of Public Sector Business Development, you will lead public sector Sales efforts for strategic accounts building an inclusive, sustainable, and tech-enabled framework for mobility. You’ll be creative and entrepreneurial to identify opportunities, general new business, and manage all aspects of the sales cycle, from initial contact to closing and upsell. This is a quota carrying role.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify prospective partners and build meaningful and durable revenue-generating relationships with a diverse group of prospective clients, from elected officials to private-sector business leaders. Lead execution and strategy for full-cycle Sales efforts across your territory, working to make transit better for your community, and your region’s communities.
- Strategically navigate your market’s unique buying landscape using research strong analytical skills to build compelling, data-driven business cases for our platform and demonstrate our value proposition across a range of verticals.
- Be a thought partner to prospective clients by educating and consulting with them to develop regional transit plans and find funding mechanisms within your market.
- Champion our mission and technology as the “face of Via” by leading local marketing campaigns, speaking at conferences, and providing consistent thought leadership in the mobility space.
Who You Are:
- You have 10+ years of client facing experience with a record of achievement in the Sales, Business Development, Consulting, or similar space with preference for candidates who have worked with the public sector.
- An educator, collaborator, and thought partner: you enjoy consultative sales processes, and know how to use data to build a compelling narrative
- Intuitive communicator; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate persuasively.
- Superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgment -- you know when to push and when to yield in maximizing the value of a potential deal.
- A reliable, motivated self-starter with a passionate growth mentality. You enjoy fast-paced environments, aren’t deterred by setbacks or pivots, and thrive in roles requiring a very high degree of responsibility.
- An excellent team player; you’re a meaningful individual contributor, and a mentor to others on your team. You view successes as team efforts, and enjoy working with others.
- Expertise in prospecting, cross-selling, and developing relationships with senior level officials and executives
- Must be willing to travel 25-50% as needed
Compensation and Benefits (NYC, CA, CO, WA Only)
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $150,000-$180,000
Founded in 2012, Via pioneered the TransitTech category by using new technologies to develop public mobility systems — optimizing networks of buses, shuttles, wheelchair accessible vehicles, school buses, autonomous vehicles, and electric vehicles around the globe.
Building the world's most efficient, equitable, and sustainable transportation network for all passengers — including those with limited mobility, those without smartphones, and unbanked populations — Via works with its partners to lower the costs of public transit while providing transportation options that rival the convenience of a personal car while reducing environmental impact.
At the intersection of transportation and technology, Via is a visionary market leader that combines software innovation with sophisticated service design and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves, providing technology in 650 communities and more than 35 countries and counting.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.