Sr. GL Accountant
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
What we are looking for:
Looking for a Sr. GL Accountant with strong technical and operational skills to join our Stem Inc revenue accounting team. This role will assist in critical financial processes and have oversight of aspects relating to revenue accounting. In addition to helping the Company accurately report revenue in a timely manner, this role will also assist with regular process improvements and aspects of the accounts receivable process. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about influencing through change to achieve results and is motivated by the challenge of a fast-paced, high-growth environment. This position will report to the Sr. Accounting Manager.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Accounting.
- Active CPA or working towards CPA designation.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software revenue recognition guidance - ASC 606 and its application to the industry.
- Assist with review of customer contracts and purchase orders for revenue recognition to ensure compliance with company policies and appropriate revenue recognition standards under ASC 606.
- Understanding of accounts receivable under complex payment schedule tracking and ability to work with international team to drive company initiatives.
- Public company accounting experience.
- Ability to work through deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Assist with both external audit and internal SOX compliance by maintaining required documentation and assisting in any required testing cycle.
- Seek process improvement initiatives that increase the efficiency and accuracy of revenue, cost of sales, gross margins forecasting and the monthly close process.
- Strong ability to research and write memos on technical revenue recognition accounting topics as required for complex revenue transactions.
- Work within core team to continue streamlining efforts to business processes, internal controls and system improvements to evolve them to a scalable, detailed set of procedures.
Salary Range$79,500.00 - $111,400.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.