Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
Position: DevOps Architect
Reporting to: Manager, DevOps
Location: San Francisco Bay Area (Preferred). Open to Remote in the US or Canada
What we are looking for:
A successful candidate would be self-driven and excited to learn, develop and deliver distributed software systems in cloud-native environments. They will have a keen technical aptitude, drive to think profoundly, excellent communication skills, and enjoy achieving results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
We would like to invite DevOps/Cloud Architect and engineers who would like to work on designing, building, and operating Cloud Native enterprise-level platforms connected with a large fleet of IoT devices and supporting application development using Python, JAVA, .Net, AWS cloud, C, C#, DynamoDB, MySQL, MS-SQL, Aurora and Serverless architecture.
- Designing, deploying, automating, and managing AWS cloud-based production system with IoT-connected devices to ensure production systems' availability, performance, scalability, and security.
- Leveraging automation (IaaS) to build a self-service platform to increase developers' productivity, assuring the quality of our products/services.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across the AWS platform and application domains.
- Design optimally durable and consistent patterns for distributed systems and suggest architecture improvements recommending process improvements.
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver projects on time and build an enterprise-level platform per the roadmap.
- Analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services and the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Thoroughly understand the existing platforms with expertise to identify deficiencies and improvements to maintain, refresh, or retire products, services, or systems.
- Ensuring critical system security through using best-in-class cloud security solutions.
- A team player to work with a great group of diverse folks across the globe partnering together in harmony.
- 7+ plus years of experience with 3+ years of architecting and implementing Cloud and DevOps infrastructure.
- Have 3+ years of experience building and managing Cloud and IoT platforms supporting large, highly available enterprise-grade applications.
- 4+ years of experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g., EC2, EKS, S3, Redshift, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, SQS, Lambda, CloudTrail, Systems Manager, KMS, Kinesis Streams) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on Well-Architected Framework.
- AWS Infrastructure-as-a-Code using Ansible, Terraform, Python, Shell) and automation skills.
- Hands-on experience with standard container and container orchestration solutions (e.g., Docker Enterprise, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, and ECS)
- Professional Architect certification on AWS cloud is strongly desired.
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer configuration management tool. CI/CD process and platforms - Jenkins, AWS, GitLab, etc.).
- Linux/Ubuntu and Windows servers system administration.
- Experience with system observability tools (e.g., Elastic, CloudWatch, Nagios, DataDog, PagerDuty, Grafana).
- Understanding network topologies and standard network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g., security, privacy, NIST, SOC2, SOX, FedRAMP, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with client IT organizations to define appropriate solutions.
Salary Range$142,750.00 - $200,000.00
Stem offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits. The benefit offerings include full health benefits on the first day of employment (several medical plan options-HDHP and PPO, dental plans, FSA/HSA-with employer contribution, employer paid vision/LTD/STD/Life, variety of voluntary coverage), 401k (pre- or post-tax) on first day of employment, 9 paid calendar holidays per year, and participation in the Flexible PTO plan. This position is eligible to participate in the Stem Long Term Incentive plan, by granting Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). These RSUs will be awarded within the first quarter of employment and vesting 33%, 33%, and 34% on each of the first three anniversaries of the grant date. This is our employee’s opportunity to join in the success of the company.
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information,