Sr. Account Executive, FTM Central
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
Position: Account Executive, FTM Central
Reporting to: Director of Sales, FTM Central
Job Location: Fully Remote with a preference for Central Region
What we are looking for:
As an Account Executive, Front-of-the-Meter (“FTM”) Storage you will report to the Director of Sales for FTM Central Region. You will develop and manage a channel sales pipeline of Project Developers, Asset Owners, and EPC accounts with a focus on FTM Partners in the Central Region. You will be responsible for building a pipeline of high-value partner accounts and project opportunities for Stem’s suite of hardware, software and services and converting those leads into contracted revenue.
This position requires a driven and talented sales professional with proven abilities to identify potential channel partners and engage with decision makers, identify technical requirements, build a robust project pipeline, and exceed sales targets.
- Exceed sales targets by executing on an aggressive energy storage sales pipeline
- Create sustainable long-term partner relationships by providing win-win business solutions
- Closely coordinate with internal groups (including Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, Product, Programs, Commercial Operations and Sales Support) to ensure Partner needs are managed and obligations are met
- Attend and present at select trade shows and conferences
- Work with Marketing and Inside Sales to identify and execute on Partner lead generation campaigns
- Maintain salesforce.com with high fidelity and keep management and other key stakeholders apprised on sales forecast and activities
- 5+ years experience selling solutions into the storage, solar, or wind industry
- Additional considerations for candidates with experience in one of the following areas:
- Project development, project deployment, project financing, consulting, or tax equity financing
- Negotiating power purchase agreements and with valuing and bidding renewable and/or traditional generation assets into wholesale electricity markets in the USA
- A strong understanding of Project Developer, Asset Owner and EPC business models and value drivers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated success selling to executive decision makers
- First-hand knowledge of [West/Central] Region electricity markets
- Technical, engineering or finance background preferred
- Understanding of ISO Market revenue streams and market mechanisms
- Strong existing relationships with senior leaders at top channel partner firms
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets and outpacing peers
- A high level of professionalism, emotional intelligence, curiosity and integrity
- A strong drive to succeed, self-disciplined and organized, with strategic negotiation skills
- A self-starter who requires takes ownership and requires limited supervision
- Ability to accurately forecast deal timelines and probability of success
- Ability to sell within the framework of a mainstream methodology (Miller Heiman, Challenger, Solution Selling, etc.)
Why Consider the Opportunity?
- Stem is a progressive, collaborative, and innovative culture that leads the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
- You will have the opportunity to join an industry-leading team of professionals working on the front lines of tackling climate change by building a better clean energy electricity grid
- Diversity and inclusion are at the core of the culture at Stem.
- Stem offers a lucrative commission structure (uncapped) and Equity in the company.
What we offer:
Stem offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits. The benefit offerings include:
- Full health benefits on the first day of employment (several medical plan options-HDHP and PPO)
- FSA/HSA-with employer contribution
- Dental plans
- Employer paid vision/LTD/STD/Life
- 401k (pre- or post-tax) on first day of employment
- 9 paid calendar holidays per year
- Participation in the Flexible PTO plan.
- This position is eligible to participate in the Stem Long Term Incentive plan, by granting Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). These RSUs will be awarded within the first quarter of employment and vesting 33%, 33%, and 34% on each of the first three anniversaries of the grant date. This is our employee’s opportunity to join in the success of the company.
OTE for this role is $203,800 to $285,500 and made up of salary plus commission.
Salary Range$101,900.00 - $142,750.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.