Tier 2 Support Specialist
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
What we are looking for:
The Sr. Tier 2 Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for the Stem products to our customer base as well as our support team members. Support responsibilities include coordinating customer’s installations using internal resources and vendor support. This position provides support to end users by handling service requests from our customer base.
This individual is accountable for ensuring effective support to our clients by providing assistance and coordination necessary to resolve requests in a timely and accurate manner. The ideal candidate will be customer-focused and work with different teams who have a vested interest in the client.
Applicants interested in learning about renewable energy should continue reading below.
- Pick up calls and interact with the customer to provide high-quality technical support for the Also Energy products and customer base (AlsoEnergy will provide training.)
- Deliver solutions by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding customers.
- Work in a collaborative team environment to address customer support issues across a broad portfolio of electronic hardware and software as a service (SaaS) platforms via phone, e-mail and support ticketing system.
- Document customer interactions.
- Work closely with the Engineering and Development teams.
- Work directly on Utility Scale sites.
- Maintain a working professional career development path to Tier 3 Support.
- Build relationships with customers, and internal teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to learn.
- Complete a multi-week formal training on the products to prepare you to respond to inbound phone calls to act as frontline support for product and service issues.
- Organizational and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both English and Spanish.)
- Computer literate.
- Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical) Degree required.
- Ability to take detailed documentation and assessment of any/all task at hand.
- Willingness to learn new skills and learn about the solar industry.
- Successfully complete training program.
- Experience with hardware and software products a plus.
- Office Setting, primarily in cubicles.
- Moderate to high noise levels (i.e. business office with computers, phone, printers, moderate traffic.)
- Ability to sit or stand (standing desk provide upon request) at a computer terminal for an extended period.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate (talk/sign/type/write) and operate a computer, telephone (or alternative), keyboard (or typing device), etc.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
Salary Range$22.81 - $31.97
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.