Senior Manager, Technical Solutions Engineering, BESS
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
What we are looking for:
As a Senior Technical Solutions Engineer you will be responsible for engineering and technical support throughout the origination, design and deployment phases of renewable power and energy storage systems within your assigned market/territory. As Stem is building and expanding this team, this role will help build and ultimately manage the TSE team. You will engage with sales, product management, partners, and deployment teams understanding and coordinating technical matters to align with product strategy and management. Travel within the US is required along with occasional travel to Stem’s San Francisco Bay Area HQ. This position will be ideally located Austin or Boulder/Denver but can be remotely located near a major airport.
- Help build and ultimately manage Stem’s Technical Solutions Engineering team
- Responsible for reviewing RFPs and informal client requests and developing preliminary system design concepts, layouts, and technical specifications based on Stem standards delivered by Product Engineering.
- Liaise with Sales and Business Development to define value proposition for client’s needs when developing proposals
- Provide necessary support and documentation for Stem Balance of Plant and cost estimates
- Support the Deployment team during Project Construction
- Provide Technical support to the Sales and Business Development teams in the negotiations with the client. Participate and be responsible for technical hardware and software services during contracting
- Interact with product engineering and procurement to evaluate and specify special buys with equipment vendors
- Work with product management and engineering in preparing technical documentation (datasheet, technical specification, product and warranties) as part of the contracting process.
- Support developing/contributing detailed design concepts for energy storage system design for awarded projects.
- Manage a portfolio of utility interconnection applications from initial submission through project closeout, including design revisions, schedule tracking, and project management. This work includes creation of single line drawings, reviewing and completing interconnection applications for the different jurisdictions
- BS in Electrical Engineering or any other related engineering discipline
- Minimum 10+ years in total related experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with utility-scale renewable energy generation projects
- 3 -5 years of Power engineering and/or system integration experience required
- 2+ years large-scale interconnection experience required
- Proven experience with interconnections, ideally in one or more of ERCOT, CAISO, ISONE and NYISO
- AutoCAD software proficiency
- Strong knowledge of industry standard design codes such as National Electric Code, International Building Code, International Fire Code and other industry standards and ideally affiliations with IEEE and/or EEI trade organizations
- Strong knowledge of electrical principles, including medium voltage distribution, protection system coordination and relaying principles
- Solution-oriented, organized problem-solving skillset
- Excellent written/verbal communication & interest in client interaction
- Willingness to travel up to 25 – 50% for site visits, customer and utility meetings. New business standards have necessitated less in the last few years but could change.
To learn more about Stem, visit our stem.com where you’ll find information about our solutions, technology, partners, case studies, resources, latest news and more.
Salary Range$137,350.00 - $192,450.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.