Principal Solution Manager, Asset Management Services
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to accelerate growth of our Asset Management services business. As a Principal Solution Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development and implementation of innovative technology-enabled service solutions that enable customers to optimize the performance and economic value of solar and storage systems.
You will work with customers and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and partners to deeply understand market needs and internal capabilities, identify opportunities, and deliver high-value solutions that address asset management challenges in the solar and storage sector.
- Solution Development: Work with customers, partners, and internal teams, to deeply understand asset management challenges/needs and identify opportunities. Develop innovative solutions that leverage Stem’s Products and Services, and extend them as needed, to deliver customer value.
- Market Research and Customer Segmentation: Work closely with Product Marketing to conduct comprehensive market research, including industry trends, customer needs, and competitive analysis. Utilize this research to identify target market segments and develop customer segmentation strategies for asset management solutions.
- Buyer/User Personas: Collaborate with Product Marketing to create detailed buyer and user personas for key target customer segments. Gain deep insights into the needs, preferences, and pain points of these personas to inform solution development and marketing strategies effectively.
- Customer Experience Design: Ensure that asset management solutions deliver an exceptional user experience. Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather user feedback, conduct usability testing, and iterate on solution designs to optimize user satisfaction and engagement.
- Project Management: Lead the end-to-end solution lifecycle management from discovery to business case, planning, delivery, and continuous improvement, collaborating closely with the Managed Services team to ensure delivery of any required software products or features.
- Master’s degree in engineering, renewable energy, electrical engineering, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product or solution management in the solar and storage industry, with a focus on managed services. Asset management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand customer needs, identify opportunities, and develop high-value solutions. Experience in customer experience design is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels and present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically to develop innovative solutions.
Join our team for a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of Stem’s Asset Management business with a significant impact on company success. Together, we will continue to drive adoption and optimization of energy storage and solar systems
Salary Range$182,850.00 - $256,150.00
Stem offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits. The benefit offerings include full health benefits on the first day of employment (several medical plan options-HDHP and PPO, dental plans, FSA/HSA-with employer contribution, employer paid vision/LTD/STD/Life, variety of voluntary coverage), 401k (pre- or post-tax) on first day of employment, 9 paid calendar holidays per year, and participation in the Flexible PTO plan. This position is eligible to participate in the Stem Long Term Incentive plan, by granting Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). These RSUs will be awarded within the first quarter of employment and vesting 33%, 33%, and 34% on each of the first three anniversaries of the grant date. This is our employee’s opportunity to join in the success of the company.
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.