Sr. Energy Programs Manager
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
As Northeast Program Manager, you will have responsibilities to build, execute, and measure performance of Stem’s demand response and grid services programs, as well as market operations in North American wholesale electricity markets. This effort includes developing, implementing, and monitoring program operations strategies, project planning, portfolio analysis, KPI development and tracking, contract compliance, risk assessment, reporting, and settlement. You must demonstrate a blend of business, technical, and executional expertise. You will be comfortable working with all departments within the company such as Sales, Deployment, Product Development, Data Analytics, Finance, Accounting and Legal along with external stakeholders such as solar, trading and utility partners. You will report into the Grid Services Program Management team.
- Develop and manage operational strategy for Stem’s energy storage operations in Grid Service, Demand Response and Wholesale Market related programs
- Work closely with Stem’s partners and asset owners to analyze and recommend performance or revenue opportunities
- Document operational requirements specifications, deliveries and timelines
- Ensure compliance with program rules and company policies and procedures
- Manage the cross-functional delivery of demand response, market and/or incentive program commitments for our customers, including overseeing the delivery and fulfillment of external reporting requirements
- Serve as primary operational point of contact for partners over the term of program and market contract periods
- Become a Stem subject matter expert by staying abreast of regulatory developments at the federal, state, ISO and utility level
- Drive quantitative analysis necessary to inform strategic market and program portfolio decisions
- Assist in developing and tracking performance metrics for assets participation and communicate to internal and external stakeholders
- Support Legal in drafting and reviewing contract language that aligns with our services offering and strategies in the applicable markets
- Support Deployments, Data Science, and New Product Integration teams with wholesale market participation and operational product requirements
- Support business development, product marketing, sales and other commercial market development efforts, as needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Problem solving, strong analytical and statistical skills and ability to convey complex technical analysis to a broader audience including senior leadership.
- Superb verbal and written communication, team collaboration, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, hard-charging, collaborative environment
- Ability to make quick and well-reasoned decisions.
- Demonstrated adaptability to continually learn and challenge oneself
- Experience in project management and tracking
- Experience in extraction, transformation and management of large quantities of data using such tools as Python, SQL, or R is a plus.
- Experience in developing and maintaining complex financial models
- Strong communication and presentation skills for working with Stem customers and Stem management
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline is required – Majors in, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science are preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in competitive retail electric business and/or wholesale electricity market participation.
- Experience and knowledge of demand response programs, incentive programs, market structure/protocols, power marketing and asset/portfolio optimization.
- Desire to learn
- Experience working with eastern North American independent system operators such as ISO-NE, NYISO, PJM, and IESO
- Understanding of wholesale power product structures and energy market fundamentals, including customer usage properties, renewable production profiles, project finance and pricing and portfolio management methodologies
- Asset management experience for energy storage assets in wholesale electricity markets is a plus.
- Remote (Eastern Time Zone preferred)
Salary Range$101,900.00 - $142,750.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.