Program Operations Analyst
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
As a Program Operations Analyst, you will support Stem’s business activities with regards to Grid and Demand Response programs and utility contracts. The primary focus of the position is to assist in the execution of Stem’s utility contracts and demand response programs, with a focus on operational excellence. As a member of the Programs team, you will work closely with multiple internal groups and be exposed to Stem’s business, end to end. This effort includes process design and implementation, contract compliance, reporting, technical modeling and settlement activities. You will support strategic plans on how to design, implement, and scale DR programs within the company and with external stakeholders. You must demonstrate a blend of business, technical, and executional expertise. You will be comfortable working with all departments within the company from Sales to Product Development and Analytics, along with external utility partners. You will report into the Grid Service Program Management team.
- Manage program operational deliverables and deadlines and ensure the successful and on time submission of required materials for Stem’s Grid and Demand Response programs
- Draft, document, implement, and improve scalable processes across functional teams to manage the customer enrollment, portfolio performance validation, and financial settlement and billing for utility programs
- Create and execute tools (in Python, Excel or SQL, as appropriate) to automate or simplify manual processes and procedures and reduce overall operational errors
- Identify and communicate risks in operations and processes; and assist in developing and adopting mitigation strategies
- Support project finance models for portfolio financial performance and conversations with customer account manager
- Assist with monthly and quarterly financial activities: organize all relevant data, create billing statements, as well as monitor and verify utility and vendor payments
- Assist in developing and tracking KPI performance metrics for Stem’s energy storage systems participating in various programs/markets and communicating to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage incoming requests, program updates, and ad-hoc transactional tasks as necessary
- Support operational initiatives as needed and identify and execute opportunities to increase the level of automation of current processes
- Prepare and deliver complex analyses and conclusions to a variety of internal stakeholders,
- including executive leadership
- Support Business Development, Sales and other development efforts on behalf of Programs team , as needed
- Technical experience with advanced Excel modeling and programming or use of analytic tools like Python and R
- Strong quantitative analytic skills and financial modeling skills with demonstrated proficiency with technical concepts
- Project planning experience with ability to plan, prioritize, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task with willingness to take on wide variety of tasks, both exciting and sometimes routine
- Ability to learn quickly and produce quality work under tight deadlines
- Ability to track and summarize project and operations status
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented personality, demanding high quality performance from self and colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the energy and/or utility industry
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical, quantitative or business discipline preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in PV renewables, battery storage including demand-response participation or wholesale market participation in markets such as CAISO is preferred
- Prior experience working with large sets of data and data analysis using Python, SQL, Salesforce.com, JIRA, Tableau and reporting tools a plus
- San Francisco Hybrid (preferred) or Remote (Pacific Time Zone).
- Compensation range is based on the role being Hybrid in the San Francisco Office 3 days a week.
Salary Range$96,250.00 - $134,850.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.