Sr Manager, Sales FTM East
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
What we are looking for:
The Sales Manager, Americas is responsible for developing and managing sales employees.
This includes day-to-day opportunity management, pipeline development and hitting sales targets. Leadership responsibilities include a willingness to learn about all aspects of your team, influence them in positive ways, help them to achieve their objectives, communicate with them regularly, and lead by example.
- Meet and exceed established sales metrics including bookings, margin, and pipeline creation.
- Planning and directing the hiring and day-to-day management of the sales team including Account Executives and sales support roles such as Sales Associate to successfully achieve team sales metrics.
- Participate in their AE’s customer meetings as the senior Stem representative, building executive bridges with fellow customer executives to leverage later in the sales cycle
- Become an expert on key energy storage markets including policy, market drivers, participants, stakeholders and competitors for both FTM and BTM.
- Coordinate with Finance, Pricing Team and Legal department (contracts, NDAs) to drive opportunities and contracts to successful closure
- Directing and coordinating all sales activities locally and regionally including identifying emerging markets to find new sales opportunities.
- Create and direct lead generation strategy to be supported by the Sales Development team
- Maintain and drive accurate forecasting through Salesforce.com
- Work closely with Policy and marketing teams to ensure market participation is strong, including trade shows and events and organizations to participate in as well as hosting Stem sponsored events.
- Manage and coach team to build their skills, understanding, and confidence as salespeople.
- Help manage major accounts; establishing long-term, ongoing relationships with senior executives in a customer’s organization in tandem with your Account Executives.
- Promote a positive work environment by leading a culture of acceptance, confidence, professional growth, and comradery.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Have 7+ years in front line sales experience, selling to the commercial sector. Energy (electricity, on-site generation, energy services) expertise a plus.
- Ability to lead, prioritize, and delegate.
- Have a demonstrated ability to balance activity between “closing” and “pipeline development” across a large team to ensure consistent quota attainment quarterly.
- Knowledge of cutting edge selling methodologies, preferably Challenger Sale and Selling Through Curiosity.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous job experience requiring strong financial ROI acumen, attention to detail, analytical skills, leadership, and coaching others preferred.
- Patient demeanor and a desire to see others succeed.
- Experience with CRM software and MS Office (Salesforce in particular).
- Sales Skills - Customer relationship management (CRM), negotiation, de-escalation, public speaking, closing, product knowledge.
You will work in a growing, profitable company with a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building renewable energy systems.
This is a salaried exempt position, M-F, with additional weekend work as required.
This position is remote.
Salary Range$119,000.00 - $166,750.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.