Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
Job Title: Senior Accountant –Billing & Revenue
The Senior Accountant –Billing & Revenue is responsible for reviewing contracts, billing, revenue recognition, and assisting in technical issues. This role will assist with the review and streamlining of current processes and controls within billing and revenue for US and international subsidiaries.
This position requires a strong understanding of systems, data analysis, databases and advanced Excel skills to ensure the integrity of accounting information when recording, verifying and reconciling daily transactions. The Sr. Accountant Billing must be able to develop and manage processes and team. This individual must possess a very solid understanding of revenue recognition guidance and have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Responsible for overseeing the accurate booking of revenue and performing revenue deferral and recognition in accordance with GAAP standards and internal company policies.
- Ability to understand SaaS revenue, services revenue, and a manufacturing environment and associated differentiation in revenue recognition.
- Lead an Accounts Receivable team to perform all billing: standard, milestone contract performance, recurring automated quarterly/monthly contracts, intercompany, Proforma invoices for down payments.
- Review customer contracts and Purchase Orders for accounting terms to ensure billing and revenue recognition are in alignment with contracted terms.
- Perform thorough and regular review of sales order Backlog, to ensure all appropriate revenue is booked or categorized with proper status.
- Supervise transaction-level compliance and reporting for US Sales Tax, Value-Added Tax (VAT), Goods and Services Tax (GST). (US utilizes 3rd party tax software and reporting service.)
- Work in a multi-subsidiary and multi-currency environment.
- Book Journal entries and ensure accuracy of the General Ledger and sub ledgers for parent and subsidiaries and reconcile accounts on a regular basis in accordance with public company accounting standards and government regulations.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies or workflow inefficiencies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Accounting and other team members in India, Germany, Japan and the US,
which require occasional meetings during India standard time zone or German time zone.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting
- 5-7 years’ accounting experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- 1-3 years’ experience in leading transactional-level teams.
- Experience working with international team members in a multi-subsidiary and multi-currency environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Netsuite or similar ERP experience required.
- Work collaboratively across different departments at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Salary Range$83,700.00 - $117,250.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.