FTM Sales Associate
Stem provides clean energy solutions and services designed to maximize the economic, environmental, and resiliency value of energy assets and portfolios. Stem’s leading AI-driven enterprise software platform, Athena®, enables organizations to deploy and unlock value from clean energy assets at scale. Powerful applications, including AlsoEnergy’s PowerTrack, simplify and optimize asset management and connect an ecosystem of owners, developers, assets, and markets. Stem also offers integrated partner solutions to help improve returns across energy projects, including storage, solar, and EV fleet charging. For more information, visit www.stem.com.
Stem’s culture embodies diversity & inclusion beyond the traditional facets of gender, ethnicity, age, disabilities, and sexual orientation to include experience, personality, communication, workstyles, and more. At our core, Stem is at the momentous intersection of clean energy and software technology where diverse ideas, experiences, and professional skills converge to make the inclusive culture we have today. Together, we are turning old school thoughts about software and energy into progressive, collaborative, and innovative solutions. By joining our team, you will be collaborating with data scientists, energy experts, skilled salespeople, thought-leading executives and more from a range of backgrounds. This intersection of ideas, beliefs, and skills is what makes us unique enough to lead the world’s largest network of digitally connected energy storage systems.
Job Title: FTM Sales Associate
Reports to: Director FTM Sales Team
As a Sales Associate, you will be helping manage partner deal flow from the initial request for a proposal through the solution design.
This includes running financial models for wholesale markets, pricing, contracting and booking of developer deals. You will support several Account Executives on the Front of the Meter, (FTM) Solar + Storage Sales teams and are the key to making sure deals move through the sales funnel to bookings. The sales team will depend on you to be an expert on the entire sales process including business case development, pricing, legal, finance and project management. You will be the critical nexus of each project and will help your team meet its sales goal.
This position will be located at our corporate office in Austin, TX
- Create and manage customized economic models that capture the full scope of the value Stem is providing on the largest and most strategic deals. This will entail working with clients to understand their business needs and gather inputs from cross functional teams at Stem to build out the developer’s business case and socialize it with their stakeholders.
- Support outside Account Executives to assist in getting a deal done in a efficient manner; researching the client, setting meetings, collecting project data, preparing presentations, updating salesforce, etc.
- Become an expert on solution design and be able to address technical questions or objections pertaining to the FTM offering, economic modeling, due diligence, new markets, incentive programs, tariffs, pricing, etc.
- Work as the main point of contact with several outside Account Executives for all internal deliverables from proposal inception through booking and hand-off to operations.
- Manage all aspects of preliminary and final proposal development, including but not limited to coordination, writing, editing, maintenance, and document assembly.
- Coordinate with Legal department (contracts, NDAs) for review and input
- Be proactive and willingly learn how to use and master the tools required to help Developers/IPPs incorporate energy storage into their market offerings.
- Strong desire to become an outside Account Executive in the future.
- Positive attitude, strong ability to communicate across departments and drive to completion.
- Highly analytical, with ability to troubleshoot and work with complex logic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, with strong project management, organizational and coordination skills.
- Undergraduate coursework in finance and accounting and/or
- Ability to strategize, research, and compile necessary data.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Undergraduate coursework in finance and accounting and/or engineering and technical
- Undergraduate involvement in sales, consulting, finance, or engineering student organizations
- Expert-level abilities in Microsoft Office Professional, particularly MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or desire to learn the platform.
Full-Time – On-site – Austin, TX
Salary Range$65,350.00 - $91,550.00
Stem, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.