Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
Swiftly is on a mission to help cities move more efficiently. We are the leading transit data platform for agencies to share real-time passenger information, manage day-to-day operations, and improve service performance. Today, over 145 transit agencies in 8 countries – including LA Metro, MARTA, SEPTA, MBTA, and WMATA – rely on Swiftly to improve on-time performance by up to 40% and increase passenger information accuracy by up to 50%. The result is better service reliability, increased ridership, and more efficient transit operations.
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to support the growth of Swiftly. The Staff Accountant will assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and other projects such as audits and system implementations. The Staff Accountant will oversee accounts payable, lead the accounts receivable collections process, and is a key-player in the month-end close process.
This position reports to the Controller who, along with the CFO, is based in Denver, Colorado. Even though the Finance team is located in Denver, we are open to candidates in most locations across the U.S, and Ontario, Canada (with GAAP experience).
- Full cycle accounts payable processing
- Maintenance of general ledger accounts
- Invoice preparation and AR cash applications
- Invoice follow up and collections
- Cash postings for received deposits
- 1099 tracking and compliance
- Preparation of various account reconciliations, including bank and credit card accounts
- Assist in month-end closing and financial statement preparation
- Assist in sales tax filings
- Support with year-end audit
- Own state and municipal registrations
- Support HR team on tasks periodically
- Other duties as assigned
- Help maintain and update process documents
What we're looking for
- 2 – 3+ years of experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar
- Experience with Concur, QuickBooks, Maxio (Formerly SaaSOptics)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- SaaS company experience preferred
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Sales tax experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, analytical and committed to accuracy
- Prefer experience with small company or emerging growth company
- CPA or ability to sit for CPA exam is a plus
**FOR U.S. CANDIDATES ONLY:**
In accordance with pay transparency laws: the approximate salary range for this role is $70,000 to $95,000 yearly (base salary + any variable comp). This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a multitude of non-discriminatory factors including final role leveling decisions, a candidate’s relevant work experiences/skills, and geographic location within the United States. Note: salary ranges for non-U.S. candidates may be higher or lower than the U.S. numbers above depending on location. Salary is one component of Swiftly’s total compensation package, which also includes stock options, competitive benefits, 401(k) matching, a fantastic team and culture, opportunity to have a huge impact, emphasis on professional growth and holistic wellness, and other perks.
Beyond the Skills:
- We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly "Be Well" stipend
- Flexible PTO with a required minimum
- Flexible work environment
- 17 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2024
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
- Why are you passionate about mobility?
- What interests you about Swiftly?