Senior Manager, Global Feedstock Sales
Terviva is pioneering the future of regenerative fuel feedstocks, leveraging the exceptional qualities of pongamia to develop an energy solution that emits 90% less GhG compared to petroleum. Our equitable practices ensure a positive impact across the supply chain, while our ability to integrate into existing infrastructure accelerates the transition to a greener and more efficient fuel source.
The Senior Manager, Global Feedstock Sales will be responsible for the sale of crude pongamia oil as an ultra-sustainable feedstock into the growing global biofuels market. This is a highly strategic role that will transact globally and requires someone who is eager to engage with the complexities of global requirements. The role reports into Sales & Marketing and works with teams and stakeholders across the entire organization. In particular, this role will work directly with counterparts in Products & Processing, Sustainability, and Corporate Development.
We are looking for a leader who will bring world-class strategic selling experience and simple and scalable processes to our team. This is an individual contributor position currently, however the ability to hire support is dependent on this person's success in the role. This will be an engaging and intellectually stimulating role as we prepare for massive scale and impact.
- Develop, maintain and grow feedstock offtake relationships with a complex and sophisticated set of global energy customers. This is both a hunter and a farmer role.
- You will tackle complex strategic planning around selling into different geographies including differences in requirements, certifications, subsidies etc.
- Meet with your key contacts on a regular basis in person (cadence determined by size and scope of account). Travel internationally as required.
- Write in depth strategic sales plans including goals (what will you sell, how much and by when) as well as strategic plans to close (including path to sale through decision makers with milestones).
- Write and deliver quarterly and annual business reviews.
- Actively track activities and progress goals via CRM.
- Operate with a data-driven mindset, rooting decisions in available internal and external data.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of the sales process, navigate the most difficult customer challenges and constructively work with clients in a way that educates and leads to upsell.
- Exhibits a deep understanding of the renewable fuels industry and the sustainability issues our mission centers on. Display a deep understanding of the competitive space we operate in and an empathetic first-hand understanding of the customer needs for our value proposition solves for.
- Ability to speak to sub-vertical business models, operational challenges and financials within the industry.
Strategic planning for enterprise sales:
- Model options to make strategic decisions including but not limited to partner/customer targeting, and volume allocation.
- Run our deal process including modeling options for pricing, exclusivity and time horizon.
- Lead the development of our feedstock pricing strategy with your collaboration partners internally.
Participate in the new product introduction process by:
- Developing business cases for new markets, product features and/or custom products to support the category you will own. Act as the voice of the customer in product decisions, owning the product briefs for products you champion.
- Participate in the development and prioritization of the product roadmap by taking in critical supply, manufacturing and customer inputs.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in sales within the renewable fuels space.
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic customer level meetings for C-suite executives.
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills and experience.
- Experience collaborating directly with finance, R&D, operations and other cross-functional teams on shared processes and outcomes.
- Strong business acumen and experience selling physical products.
- Experience in pipeline management, program management.
- Analytics and reporting expertise.
Compensation: salary range $169,000 - $179,000 commensurate with role and experience
Potential 10% annual bonus
Stock options commensurate with role and experience
Medical and dental, vision and life insurance (employee premium fully paid by Terviva)
Generous leave package
Cell phone stipend
Terviva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status and sexual orientation or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy and all employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.